Latest news:

Direct Debit payments
Discussion started by Sheldon , 30 March, 2020 19:54
Direct Debit payments
Sheldon 30 March, 2020 19:54
Just received the clubs email.

Because the season is scheduled to restart on 20 April the club will be taking the season ticket holders direct debit in April

There will of course be no rugby until September that the season ticket holders can watch other than televised behind closed doors.

My wife thinks that they are so desperate that they need that payment to keep going?

Any views?

Re: Direct Debit payments
ROLLO 30 March, 2020 20:15
My view is that they will need much more that these DD's to keep afloat.
It is qiite fanciful to think that we will be watching rugby at Sixways in April. I guess though that the whole premiership has to make a decsison, something which at present they are loath to do.

usa warrior 31 March, 2020 11:16
Nothing officially cancelled yet, so only course of action really.

Tbh, they can keep my money for my ST this season. Appreciate that may not be the choice for everyone, however.

With Rollo, no chance we'll see rugby next month.

Faithful_City 31 March, 2020 12:10
I am with USA and Rollo on this, I shall look on it as a long term investment that in the next 25years we will make the play-off's

(Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60) (Sm60)

JP

Abmatt 31 March, 2020 12:34
If game are cancelled I will be asking for a refund. Not for a ST but for a 24 seat box in the east stand that I had purchased for the Gloucester match.

It is not money that I desperately need, but that could prove useful in time.

Someone has offered to buy it off me, but then they will be out of pocket. It is possible I may never get the money back.

Tony Warrior 31 March, 2020 12:54
I'm of the opinion that if they keep my ST money then thats an investment for the future.

However I purchased extra tickets for the Gloucester game to celebrate a family members birthday.

Whether the game is cancelled or not I shall be asking for a refund as obviously the moment has gone.

Stay safe everyone, I to feel that we have seen the last game of premiership rugby at Sixways this season.

Abmatt 31 March, 2020 13:05
You will not get any money back unless the game is cancelled.

In fact I think tickets are non refundable. Iíd have to check the t&cís again.

w4rriorz1980 31 March, 2020 13:12
Quote:
Abmatt
You will not get any money back unless the game is cancelled.
In fact I think tickets are non refundable. Iíd have to check the t&cís again.
Non refundable in normal circumstances.But no precedent for this.

Faithful_City 31 March, 2020 13:14
I feel for individual cases like yours Abmatt maybe a 1 to 1 approach to the club would maybe prove fruitful.

JP

Abmatt 31 March, 2020 14:57
Already in hand JP.

I totally understand their position, and the stance of others on here. In times like this we have to come together.

Until actual cancellation they wonít make a decision.

If it was a smaller sum Iíd let it pass, as in the long term I get the benefit from still watching rugby.

Sheldon 31 March, 2020 15:24
The airlines are starting to issue vouchers so I guess similar. I have a season ticket so not really expecting anything. I was hoping we may see top six in the next 10 years JP since we were promised 5 years 10 years ago !

Faithful_City 31 March, 2020 15:45
Just hedging my bets Sheldon (Sm128)

JP

Sheldon 31 March, 2020 17:54
Pity is JP you are probably right.

In truth I am worried about the clubs future. Many businesses will go under with no income and we are no different. Perhaps CVC will take a longer term view and pick up the shareholdings in the poorer clubs ( like us) that they don't own at a snip but keep the clubs afloat. Otherwise they may have nothing.

Sheldon 28 April, 2020 19:17
Just received the clubs email about the direct debit being taken on 1 May . ( I have paid up front anyway) .

Given that there is a discussion about starting up about a July restart I can see the logic of asking/ taking the money but I wonder what they will do when it is announced that the remainder of the season will be played behind closed doors and we will only get to see it on TV albeit all the matches!

My guess is that we are unlikely to be allowed to watch at Sixways (or anywhere else ) until next year.

Hopefully the clubs will get a good enough deal from TV to see themselves through. I am sort of reconciled to not getting any money back from this season but would be uncomfortable about paying for next season when we are probably only going to be able to watch live matches at the ground some time next year and almost certainly not all our home games.

usa warrior 28 April, 2020 20:30
Couple of us were discussing this the other day...

What could the club put on that would get you to buy into an ST, of sorts? Say it were to guarantee your seat for whenever spectators can go plus add on's before that occurred.

What would those add on's be?

Grasshopper 29 April, 2020 11:48
Looking further ahead; thereís no point in the club trying to push for 20/21 S/T renewals until safe attendance is guaranteed. I donít object to the final payment being taken, regardless of how the season ends.

ROLLO 29 April, 2020 15:18
I believe that some clubs already have their ST' s on sale . I am happy ( relativly ) for the DD to go through in May but will be very wary about committing anything to next season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net