Latest news:

Who has played for Warriors since 2004
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 05 April, 2020 18:21
Who has played for Warriors since 2004
Faithful_City 05 April, 2020 18:21
And under which Director of rugby.

Isolation has encouraged me to see what other service I can provide all you lovely supporters.

So...

Here is a list of every player who has played for The Warriors since our 1st season in the prem 2004 - 2005. If I have missed some just add the name to the thread and I will sort.

I will also add a dropdown menu to the page so that you can select any of the DoR's and jump to the list of players he has played/selected during his tenure.

Every Warriors Player since 2004

let me know what you think and I will make it available on a button at the top.

JP

Re: Who has played for Warriors since 2004
TRIXTA 05 April, 2020 23:44
It's quite late and a couple of large Glenmorangies might be blurring my vision but I can't see the fly half with the biggest boot of the lot on your list - Mr Mieres (who as legend has it, had something else quite big too). Also Chris Fortey's brother Lee. I can't remember his name, but three or four years ago, a new lock came on and went off injured, never to play for us again - is he on the list?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2020 23:51 by TRIXTA.

Faithful_City 06 April, 2020 08:34
Thanks for the feedback TRIXTA, I will update and continue searching.

JP

Faithful_City 06 April, 2020 08:54
Chris and Lee Fortey are both there just that are both mistakenly named Chris, I will sort.

JP

ROLLO 06 April, 2020 10:44
Whoa JP that is a boby of work, well done. There are one or two I can think of, but my memory for names is not good, I also have to think if they were before 2004, so will need a bit of time.

Faithful_City 06 April, 2020 11:06
Yes I think I have missed a couple but will sort in next few day weather permitting

Faithful_City 06 April, 2020 15:37
Just added another level of information.

You can now select any of the DoR's off the dropdown menu. This will then show all that DoR's players and which other DoR they worked under

More to come

JP

Faithful_City 07 April, 2020 12:08
I have now found another 72 players who have played for the Warriors since 2004

Page has been updated.

Updated Page HERE

JP

OldWulfWarrior 07 April, 2020 14:19
Missing Van Niekerk at hooker?

PMB 07 April, 2020 14:30
Well done JP, this was always going to be a huge list as since reaching the Prem we seem to have had a large turnover of players. I suspect that under John Brain, there was someone treated quite shabbily in my opinion, the turnover was less. I will now look to see how wrong I am.

Faithful_City 07 April, 2020 15:31
I have designed a 2nd version for each director. This new version shows all the players for each specific DoR but displayed in a wider list so that they can all fit on the same standard ipad/PC/laptop screen. It does not show for what other DoR’s they played under as per the original.

What are your thoughts.

I will also produce a page showing just individual position for all seasons, for example all the 50 odd props we have had all on one page in alphabetical order

Alternate View of JB’s Players

JP

Faithful_City 07 April, 2020 16:58
Andre, has been added jou may have to refresh’s your cache, just place a question mark at the end of the url address.

JP

TRIXTA 07 April, 2020 23:54
Blimey, I've been following Warriors since 2004 and there's a load of names on there I can't remember. Can somebody put me out of my misery - a few years ago (5 or 6, maybe longer), we signed a lock (I think) who came on and was injured straight away at a line out, never to play for us again. Can you remember who it was?

Faithful_City 08 April, 2020 06:58
Backrow Ezra Taylor against Connacht

JP

ROLLO 08 April, 2020 08:55
I thought that Ezra was injured at Adams Park againts Wasps , I also thought that he was a loose forward?

Faithful_City 08 April, 2020 10:02
Rollo you could be correct but I thought it was Connacht we both got it right with backrow/loose forward. Injured in a line out I believe if my memory serves me well.

JP

TRIXTA 08 April, 2020 10:23
That's the chap - thanks

ARFC Warrior 08 April, 2020 11:06
Quote:
ROLLO
I thought that Ezra was injured at Adams Park againts Wasps , I also thought that he was a loose forward?

You're right and was playing at No. 8. As FC said, injured at a line out, may have been the first of the match.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

He was signed from Connacht.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 11:08 by ARFC Warrior.

Faithful_City 08 April, 2020 12:00
Nice find ARFC, I now know where my Connacht thoughts came from.

JP

Faithful_City 08 April, 2020 17:58
I have put a link up on the banner at the top - “All Warriors Players”

JP

Faithful_City 09 April, 2020 16:50
All complete now with several ways to view the info.

JP

Bevere Warrior 10 April, 2020 07:17
Sorry if I’m mistaken but didn’t we also have Paul Warwick and Sam Windsor at Flyhalf?

Faithful_City 10 April, 2020 08:39
Well done Bevere Warrior, I have PAUL Warwick down in the centers and will adjust, thanks.

Sam only played a short time in the championship then went to Ulster before we were promoted back into the Prem. I will add him in.

JP

Faithful_City 10 April, 2020 09:01
Sam Windsor never played a full game for Worcester he was injured scoring a try for the Cavaliers away at Bristol. Went back to Oz then signed for Ulster.

Quote:
WN

AUSTRALIAN fly-half Sam Windsor has a big role to play at Sixways, according to director of rugby Dean Ryan.

Windsor was ruled out for around three months in December after dislocating a shoulder on his Worcester debut for the Cavaliers.

Windsor suffered the injury while scoring a try during his bow for the Cavaliers in an impressive 29-15 win at Bristol United in an Aviva A-League fixture.

Windsor is unlikely to play for Warriors again this season.

Ryan said: “We are really excited about what Sam can offer.

“We have seen a lot of footage of him and within 10 minutes of an A-game he lit up the place.

“We are keen to maintain our relationship with him because he’s hungry for an opportunity.

“We think he’s got talent and we are doing everything we can to get him back here as quickly as we can.”

Windsor, who has a UK passport through his Irish parents, left New South Wales Country Eagles to take up the opportunity at Warriors.

Full Article HERE

He was on trial but never signed for us.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2020 09:02 by Faithful_City.

Faithful_City 10 April, 2020 10:08
I have not added Sam as he never signed for us.

JP

Bevere Warrior 10 April, 2020 11:04
Fair enough, I just remembered the coaches bigging him up massively and then him leaving. I recall being annoyed at the time but don’t think he lit the world up after going

Faithful_City 10 April, 2020 11:08
I think you’re right BW, I certainly can’t recall him being anything special.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net