Latest news:

Johnny May
Discussion started by kiddykid , 12 April, 2020 19:33
Johnny May
kiddykid 12 April, 2020 19:33
Tigers must be in turmoil.
Only two years have passed since they signed a great try scorer - he still is - and Eddie had persuaded him to join a “big club” to further his England career.Leicester bomb and Glaws improve - albeit with the addition of a certain fly half.
So, where does he fit in,or, who drops out of the starting XV, and, is it someone who might want to drive up the M5?

Re: Johnny May
Faithful_City 12 April, 2020 21:48
You never know...

ROLLO 13 April, 2020 12:19
An interesting point is that he has signed from 1 July so if the seaosn starts after that date who will he play for ?
Still sme cash at Glos it would appear.

shrewsburyman 13 April, 2020 12:20
Today’s DT states that he is off to Gloucester

Malvern Man 14 April, 2020 10:15
The Leicester statement pointed out that having top internationals is great, but they don't play much for the club.

AJWarriors 14 April, 2020 13:18
I can get that. Paid a great deal but hardly plays. Not much value for money there whereas they’ll have Nandolo all year around.

kiddykid 14 April, 2020 16:22
But they knew he wouldn't be available when England were playing, and they knew he was xpnsive.
No, I cannot escape the feeling that there is something,in else gong on because he did score tries for them.

usa warrior 16 April, 2020 09:50
Interestingly, if the season does resume, despite the players moving to their new teams on July 1st, they will not be eligible to play for those new teams during this season. This is due to the move having had to happen before April 17th.

Moreover the new team will have to start paying them.

ROLLO 16 April, 2020 11:29
That is interesting USA W, what is your scource ?

Offa 16 April, 2020 17:17
I wonder how the rules apply to new coaching staff too.

usa warrior 17 April, 2020 14:33
I can answer both questions... there is a league stipulation that all transfers must happen before April 17th in order to be eligible to play for the team during the current season.

Regulation 14.1.3 - “Transfer Deadline” means

"For Clubs at Level 1 (Premiership): 17 April 2020, the Waiting Period (if
applicable) having been completed before the Transfer Deadline is reached."

Link in case you'd like to read more deeply...

Therefore, there is a situation where we have a number of players leave our employment before the end of whatever season remains. Bad thing? Potentially not as how much impact are they having atm and we could do with the reduced wages.

The transfer deadline does not apply to coaches, although the contracts will run to the same period.

Secondly, I presume, we will lose Mef, Duncan, and Doak when their contracts expire and Thomas will transfer from Bristol "mid-season", if you want to call it that. As the Pro 14 has already been cancelled this is less problematic for Matt Sherratt.

All this comes with the caveat that nothing is altered within the current regulations. This would be rather challenging to organise worldwide however as contracts will have been signed abroad, for instance, with players moving at the end of June.

tigerburnie 20 April, 2020 15:57
Johnny May was offered a contract for a lower wage and decided to go elsewhere, before the brown stuff hit the fan he was going to the Salarysins. I guess I can understand why he wants to go financially, but he didn't want to stay at the club, so goodbye and thanks for everything, we will miss him for sure, but needs must, club has got to turn round it's position.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net