Latest news:

CVC money
Discussion started by shrewsburyman , 13 April, 2020 12:19
CVC money
shrewsburyman 13 April, 2020 12:19
Brian Moore makes the observation in today’s Daily Telegraph that if no more matches are played then several clubs will go under. In particular he says who goes under will depend on what they did with their CVC money commenting that some have spent it on wages. I thought that was not allowed and wonder if LI might be a club that did that?

Re: CVC money
Faithful_City 13 April, 2020 14:16
We did

shrewsburyman 13 April, 2020 14:42
Hopefully just a small amount!!

Garym 13 April, 2020 14:51
Quote:
Faithful_City
We did

Good bold statement, but do we have the proof of where it went?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2020 14:52 by Garym.

Abmatt 13 April, 2020 15:22
Quote:
Faithful_City
We did

Any proof of this?

Tony Warrior 13 April, 2020 15:29
Not sure where the CVC money has gone, certainly not on the few improvements around the ground.

Faithful_City 13 April, 2020 15:43
I obviously have no actual proof, I can only put together som known information and come up with an opinion

Basically our co-owners are not cash rich, they borrow to invest, then sell to make a profit which I presume they invest further with additional borrowing in bigger and potentially more profitable enterprises.

So, we already know over the last 15 years we have annually lost £millions which has been supplemented buy Cecil or the Allens.

I cannot see any evidence of huge growth of income streams that have been generated in the few months they have owned/played with the club.

Wages will had to be paid, debts serviced, improvements paid for and stadia maintenance carried out.

How have they paid for all that with massively reduced income streams? They have either borrowed more money or used the CVC monies.

JP

ROLLO 13 April, 2020 19:57
JP I would not be sure that the income streams have been reduced , but they may also not have grown . Costs however could have been reduced , espcially if some of the CVC money had been used to reduce borrowings ( if only temperaly ) That however is not what the money was for, I am also not sure if the whole amount has been paid yet.
Most clubs are going to be in great difficulty .

TVM Rides Again 23 April, 2020 08:45
So JP, what your sentence was missing was the phrase 'I reckon'.

Faithful_City 23 April, 2020 11:17
Yes definitely TVM, which I started off my message with.

All my own deductions and thoughts lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2020 11:19 by Faithful_City.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net