Latest news:

Tigers players out of step
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 24 April, 2020 15:24
Tigers players out of step
Faithful_City 24 April, 2020 15:24
They most certainly are, what a self-serving bunch. IF TRUE!?

Quote:

On top of that, there are the fans to consider. A lot of them will be sat at home reading about the players’ situation having been furloughed, lost a lot of their income or maybe even having lost their jobs in some cases. All clubs and playing groups will have had similar conversations behind the scenes and players at other clubs will be unhappy, but it seems that a lot of the Tigers players have opted to stand together and at least start the ball rolling towards legal action.

Full Article HERE

JP

Re: Tigers players out of step
shrewsburyman 24 April, 2020 17:55
As you say JP this looks pretty poor. Clubs may be able to play behind closed doors but in front of the public may have to wait until 2021.

Tony_At_Wuss 25 April, 2020 23:09
OK - make them redundant, Tigers. The obvious next step. Welcome to the real world Tigers players.

Déjà vu? I’ve seen it all before!

[www.facebook.com]

Villages12 26 April, 2020 12:18
Just maybe, there is some remote connection to this matter and Tigers being on the bottom of the table (I don't include Saracens purposely).

On paper, Tigers have a great squad of players, seven of them in the England squad and other international teams. But something is wrong at this club and causing their lack of good results.

This could signify their loyalty, to a once great club, is misguided and showing lack of commitment when it counts most !?

Offa 26 April, 2020 12:38
I am confident that Tigers will get things back on track. May is an immense winger and has been a standout England player, but if I were a Tigers fan I would be heartened to hear that they want to invest in the pack. It is after all where games are won, and always been a traditional Tigers strength.
But much rests on Borthwick and Ford. GM clearly has not been up to the job, so far. Will be interested to see how he does with experienced coaches on board.
I do agree that things have not been right there.
Their first team is incredibly strong, but during international games the second team holds no fear. But I suspect that they have been adhering to the salary cap.
Watching Tigers has been fascinating, and I suspect will continue to be.

TVM Rides Again 27 April, 2020 09:58
Quote:
Tony_At_Wuss
OK - make them redundant, Tigers. The obvious next step. Welcome to the real world Tigers players.

Unfortunately (to my understanding at least) you don't make a person redundant, you make a position redundant, and you can only recreate the position after a set time - so they will need to remove the position of 'player' for a while. Which could be problematic.

Abmatt 27 April, 2020 14:32
Correct. You can’t make someone redundant then employ someone else in the same position.
You have to get rid of the position, thus no longer requiring the individual filling it. If a new person is employed a new position is required.

Faithful_City 27 April, 2020 14:39
As they are on furlough, I think new contracts are required on their return.

If this is the case salaries and other terms are written as per new contracts and if they do not want to sign new terms I think they are actually resigning and can be released.

JP

Abmatt 27 April, 2020 17:17
I thought it was a case that contracts were as they were. Employment just carries on with no change to terms.

Drutz knows more as he has co-workers on furlough and did post about the exact conditions.

Abmatt 28 April, 2020 05:26
Well this is one of the players who resisted.

[www.skysports.com]

TVM Rides Again 28 April, 2020 08:43
Quote:
Abmatt
I thought it was a case that contracts were as they were. Employment just carries on with no change to terms.
Drutz knows more as he has co-workers on furlough and did post about the exact conditions.

As far as I am aware furlough is an alteration to an existing contract. It does not act to terminate any particular agreement. In fact its purpose is to avoid that

Faithful_City 28 April, 2020 08:52
Read that Abmatt and not surprised at his outlook to him believing he knows better than others.

JP

ROLLO 28 April, 2020 09:53
Just heard him interviewed on BBC , not especially impressive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net