Latest news:

Rugby to restart
Discussion started by shrewsburyman , 28 April, 2020 13:21
Rugby to restart
shrewsburyman 28 April, 2020 13:21
It has just been announced that the Premiership hopes to start again in July.

Re: Rugby to restart
shrewsburyman 28 April, 2020 13:28
It seems that they hope complete the seasonís matches by starting at the beginning of July.

usa warrior 28 April, 2020 13:43
Where's that been announced? I've seen July 3rd mentioned numerous times over the past couple weeks, but nothing official.

ROLLO 28 April, 2020 14:29
This may be news to rugby.
I have scoured the press, web sites and message borads and can find nothing. Do you have a source please shrewsburyman ?

Faithful_City 28 April, 2020 15:06
Quote:
Sky sports

Premiership Rugby still hopes to complete the entire 2019/20 season and is targeting a potential restart at the beginning of July.

Any resumption is subject to government approval - with the next review of lockdown measures due to be made public on May 7.

The competition had originally been suspended for five weeks on March 16 because of the coronavirus pandemic, but that suspension was extended indefinitely on April 8.

The RFU is liaising with the Department for Culture Media and Sports (DCMS) and due to health and safety concerns, Premiership Rugby are drawing up plans to play gam

JP

shrewsburyman 28 April, 2020 15:20
Yes that was my source JP.

Latecomer 28 April, 2020 16:51
Lets hope Boris doesn't do what the French have just done in announcing the banning all sporting events until September !! (See BBC Sport site)

Abmatt 28 April, 2020 17:52
Believe I posted this 5 days ago.

First mentioned on the bbc, I think sky have just picked up on it.

[m.rugbynetwork.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/04/2020 17:53 by Abmatt.

usa warrior 28 April, 2020 18:32
Yeah, weekend of July 3rd has been around for a week or so now.

RugbyPass suggesting that games will be played EVERY day over five weeks thereafter; some days featuring multiple games. Time limits on player minutes so will be a whole squad endeavour.

Sheldon 28 April, 2020 19:06
I think the games are likely to be played behind closed doors and at a limited number of stadia.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net