Latest news:

New Scrum Coach
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 04 May, 2020 16:15
New Scrum Coach
Faithful_City 04 May, 2020 16:15
Quote:

Mark Irish will leave Bristol Bears at the end of his contract to join Worcester Warriorsí backroom staff.
The First Team Scrum & Academy Coach departs after five seasons at Ashton Gate. A Bristol stalwart, Irish also made 146 first team appearances for the club during his professional career.
ďItís been a difficult decision to leave Bristol, but I know that itís the right time to take on this new challenge,Ē said Irish.

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/media/47721/jmp_bristol_bears_v_bath_rt0682.jpg?width=1280

ďMy wife has family roots close to Worcester and thatís important to us both, as well as me continuing to develop as a coach in the Premiership.
ďThe past three seasons working with Pat [Lam] and the coaching team have been fantastic and, after such a long association with the club, Iím pleased to depart knowing Bristol has a bright future ahead.
ďPat has been great during this period Ė very supportive and understanding Ė and I appreciate that. Iíd like to thank the management, players and all of our fans for the support they have shown me.
ďIím excited by the opportunity at Worcester. Theyíre building a new coaching team with a fresh vision so itís a challenge I relish.Ē

Full Article HERE

A full coaching change has been sorted, now to make mid-table boys - maybe?

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 16:20 by Faithful_City.

Re: New Scrum Coach
AJWarriors 04 May, 2020 16:29
Iím actually really excited about JT and Mark Irish coming in. The thing with Bristolís forwards that has impressed me the most this current season isnít their ability at the set piece but their individual ability to be able to play rugby.

What I mean by that is that their forwards are pretty good ball players and keep their attack moving where we have been guilty of not passing the ball at times and carrying it into contact unnecessarily.

For me Bristol have an exciting attacking game which the forwards are very much involved in that and thatís how Iíd like to see us play next season. Iím really looking forward to it now especially with some of the guys we have in our pack

AJWarriors 04 May, 2020 16:32
Not sure where my post just disappeared to? Canít be bothered to write it again, but I just said Iím excited for next season with JT and Iro coming in basically after seeing how well they have their ball playing forwards keeping the Bris attack alive. Something we have been guilty of not doing.

shrewsburyman 04 May, 2020 18:49
Given that Bristol are heading for the top with a brilliant Director of Rugby and massive financial support I find it extraordinary that we have poached two of their coaches!

Offa 05 May, 2020 08:58
Look forward to seeing what he can do.

Offa 05 May, 2020 08:58
Look forward to seeing what he can do.

Sheldon 05 May, 2020 14:21
I hope he's needed and we do have scrums in the next twelve months!( social distancing will be difficult in a scrum!)

Asterz 10 May, 2020 01:18
Itís an interesting one. Bristol arenít known for their scrum and maybe they are shedding some promotion staff now they are looking to take that extra step. Big shoes to fill. All that said, lets hope heís a dark arts master.
Better news that they wanted to keep JT, but it is a bit of a marriage of convenience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net