Latest news:

Signings
Discussion started by TrueWarrior , 12 May, 2020 11:52
Signings
TrueWarrior 12 May, 2020 11:52
New signing announced today and tomorrow, re signing on Thursday. Can one dream for Kvesic and Spencer?

Re: Signings
Abmatt 12 May, 2020 12:09
Rumour is Zach mercer has been seen about town.

Make of that what you will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 12:10 by Abmatt.

AJWarriors 12 May, 2020 12:30
Kvesic....;-)

Faithful_City 12 May, 2020 12:32
In goes the maggot, who will bite?

JP

Faithful_City 12 May, 2020 12:33
A New Tighthead or Giant Lock maybe...

JP

TrueWarrior 12 May, 2020 12:37
Mercer is contracted at Bath until 2021 so cant see it being him. I would also question why he would move from Bath to us sadly

Faithful_City 12 May, 2020 12:44
It wonít be Mercer definitely, but Kevesic is a possibility.

JP

Faithful_City 12 May, 2020 16:01
Matt Kevesic it is then

A good signing

AJWarriors 12 May, 2020 16:05
Brilliant signing! Iím excited to see whoís coming in tomorrow and who has re signed on Thursday. I think itís Callum Black to be honest

kiddykid 12 May, 2020 16:25
The icing on the cake would be Spencer - we shouldnít have let him go before. IF it is.........I wonder if Bg Kitchen played any part in the persuasion of Big Will?

AJWarriors 12 May, 2020 16:34
If we do bring Will back then our pack will be pretty serious next season. The back row will be up with the best in the league and the tight five will have some serious weight and go forward at scrum time and the loose

TrueWarrior 12 May, 2020 16:55
Quote:
AJWarriors
Brilliant signing! Iím excited to see whoís coming in tomorrow and who has re signed on Thursday. I think itís Callum Black to be honest

Callum Black has another year to run according to Twitter. Could well be Mudiriaki.

Hymenoptera 12 May, 2020 17:40
Quote:
AJWarriors
If we do bring Will back then our pack will be pretty serious next season. The back row will be up with the best in the league and the tight five will have some serious weight and go forward at scrum time and the loose
Hardly started for Tigers due to injury and performance. Not sure he's the best you could do gievn the market has opened up so much. Kvesic is a very good signing

AJWarriors 12 May, 2020 17:55
Quote:
TrueWarrior
Quote:
AJWarriors

Callum Black has another year to run according to Twitter. Could well be Mudiriaki.

Has he? I thought his ran out in the summer

shrewsburyman 12 May, 2020 18:36
The return of Matt is very good news with serious competition now in the back row. It is also a reassuring signing from the financial point of view!

Bevere Warrior 12 May, 2020 18:47
Glad Iím not responsible for picking the back row next season. How do you keep them all happy?
I really hope tomorrowís signing is a big lump of a second row or a proven prop.

AJWarriors 12 May, 2020 22:31
Rotation will play a major part I think. The squad will stay fresh and relatively injury free over a long season. It will also enable us to compete in all competitions too and keep everyone happy with a sufficient amount of game time

We could potentially put out two pretty decent teams letís say the prem team could be

1. Waller
2. Moulds
3. Schonert
4. Spencer?
5. Big Kitch
6. Hill
7. Kvesic
8. Du Preez
9. Hougaard
10. Weir/Searle
11. Nanai/Fidow
12. Venter/Beck
13. Lawrence
14. Fidow/David
15. Pennell/Nanai

Euro Team

1. Black
2. Annett
3. Carey/Palframan
4. Bresler
5. Little Kitch
6. Mama
7. Lewis
8. Van Velze
9. Heaney
10. Searle
11. David
12. Beck
13. Van Breda
14. Humphreys
15. Shillcock

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 22:37 by AJWarriors.

WorcesterSauce 12 May, 2020 23:03
Lewis must play. So many players say he is the best player and most underrated player they have played with, but selection could be tough.

AJWarriors 12 May, 2020 23:12
Very! Who would you even leave out? I guess you could have a few options and variations depending on who youíre playing. Definitely not complaining as itís a great headache to have

TrueWarrior 13 May, 2020 07:04
Interesting who and what position today's signing is. I can't see it being anything other than a loosehead, second row or scrum half. Long shot it being a winger but this would probably indicate Nanai would play Full Back - one can dream. I dont think it's Will Spencer as I believe he's off to Bath...maybe a Southern Hemisphere second row coming over from France or the Super 15?

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 07:17
Difficult one to predict isnít it. The only reason why I donít think itís a loosehead is that we have Waller,Black,Owen and Holsey signed up for next season and Iíd be reluctant to stifle any opportunities for Kai to get game time. For me it has to be a second row and the only two guys Iíve seen us linked with was Will Spencer and Sintu Manjezi. The other reason why I donít think that itís a winger is that the only guy who hasnít been re signed as of yet is Dean Hammond so he could be Thursdayís re signing? Who knows. I canít wait until 4pm though

TrueWarrior 13 May, 2020 08:11
I've seen Manjezi is signing for the Bulls so rules him out I think. I agree it should be a second row. Only reason I think it may be a loosehead is if Waller gets injured first game of the season and is out for considerable time, is Kai ready to start in prem games? I think he will be a fantastic player but may need a season dipping in and out to develop. Ideal scenario, he benches every week until he's ready to start and shares game time with Waller. Roll on 4 o clock!

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 09:32
Black would be the likely back up to Waller for the time being,but I can see Kai possibly moving to second choice before the season is out. Hoped Kai will get a good deal of game time in the cup and euro games to add to his experience. Itís actually good for once to have a conversation where we arenít worried about positions we desperately need filling. I do think as you say lock is probably that position of need and also scrum half but we are already well stocked their,so Iím hopeful itís a lock of some significance

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 09:53
Itís not Will Spencer. Someone just as physically big though!

TrueWarrior 13 May, 2020 10:02
Pure speculation - Juandre Kruger.

Being released by the Bulls and will only be around for a year or two so wont block Kitch Jrs path through. Unsure if Solly has ever worked with him which would be the link.

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 10:18
No heís English

Bevere Warrior 13 May, 2020 10:27
Are you happy with whoever it is?

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 10:33
Yea definitely! Heís young-ish and a monster already that will be even bigger in a few months/year. A younger version of Will Spencer and hopefully less injury free

Bevere Warrior 13 May, 2020 10:41
Nice one AJ.

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 10:58
Quote:
AJWarriors
Yea definitely! Heís young-ish and a monster already that will be even bigger in a few months/year. A younger version of Will Spencer and hopefully less injury free

Less injury free, you mean more injury free AJ (Sm128)

JP

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 11:07
Sorry yes JP more injury free

Sheldon 13 May, 2020 11:19
Joel Kpoku ?? That would be an excellent signing.

Trent_Blue 13 May, 2020 12:11
First time. In a while Iím actually excited about signing announcements!
I have no idea, but best guess would be a Saracen - maybe isiekwe?

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 12:30
No. Neither of them

Diverdave 13 May, 2020 12:31
Isnít Nick Isekwe going out on loan to Bristol along with Ben earl

Trent_Blue 13 May, 2020 13:28
Ed Holmes?

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 13:47
No mate. Just wait a few hours to see who it is. One for the present and future. Huge guy that will get even bigger

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 13:51
Quote:
TrueWarrior
Pure speculation - Juandre Kruger.
Being released by the Bulls and will only be around for a year or two so wont block Kitch Jrs path through. Unsure if Solly has ever worked with him which would be the link.

Is this the man AJ??

Drutz 13 May, 2020 14:09
In the mood of 'homecomings' as such I'll say Elliott Stooke, born in Worcester. Probably too old for AJ's description but I like throwing names around.

Pulling the boots on for one more year

ROLLO 13 May, 2020 14:26
I think regretably we missed the boat with Elliot a few years ago Durtz - nice to hear form you. R

WRC 13 May, 2020 15:03
A lock in championship is signing ,who has been injured

We cannot afford Spencer wages ,who wanted to come but is now off to Bath.

Callum Black is signing tomorrow for another season ,i believe

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 15:10
In Championship?

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 15:15
If true, great another injured player signs for us.

I hope you're wrong, please

JP

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 15:25
Iím not sure WRC has the right player? He had a stint on loan to a Champ club as most young guys do early in their career and what this guy did have wasnít an injury by any means. Also the last club he has been playing at is a premiership club and played very well too.

ROLLO 13 May, 2020 15:34
I am content to take AJW's word. Don't take the bait JP.

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 16:05
I can't help it Rollo, always a sucker for a nice juicy worm...

JP

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 16:05
Joe Batley

[warriors.co.uk]

I have a great clip of him playing for Tigers in their last game before lockdown. Iíll try and post it

I canít post it but I sent it to RugbyWorcs who now have it on their twitter feed [twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2020 16:07 by AJWarriors.

Drutz 13 May, 2020 16:06
Thanks Rollo.

I'm still here but generally from a distance, rarely post.

Do we have a time the announcement is expected?

Pulling the boots on for one more year

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 16:06
Joe Batley

???
JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2020 16:07 by Faithful_City.

Simba 13 May, 2020 16:08
Warriors have recruited lock Joe Batley from Bristol Bears as their third new recruit for the 2020/21 season.

Batley, 23, joins Wasps fly-half Billy Searle and Exeter Chiefs and England back-row forward Matt Kvesic in the newcomers to Alan Solomonsí squad having signed a one-year contract with Warriors.

Batley will join Warriors on July 1 and follow a well-trodden path up the M5 from Ashton Gate as Solomons has already recruited new Forwards Coach Jonathan Thomas and Scrum and Assistant Forwards Coach Mark

Mike Hall, Manager of the Three Pears Warriors Academy, was also recruited from a similar position with Bristol earlier this season.

The impending arrival of Thomas, a former Warriors captain, and Irish at Sixways was a deciding factor in persuading Batley to sign for Warriors.

ďObviously I know Jonathan Thomas and Mark Irish really well. I have enjoyed working with them over the last three years at Bristol so the chance to continue working with them was something that really excited me,Ē Batley said.

ďI enjoy their coaching ethos and how they want the game to be played so it will be nice to keep that going as well as being in a new environment with a new bunch of boys.

ďFrom the conversations I have had with Solly, heís got a very good vision about what he wants the club to achieve and I want to be part of that.Ē

Having played his formative rugby for Gosport & Fareham Ė where his parents and brother are still actively involved Ė Batley was signed by Gloucester where he developed through the Academy to the senior squad.

He joined Bristol in 2017 but his career was disrupted when he was diagnosed with stage two Hodgkinís Lymphoma during the Bearsí Greene Ling IPA Championship-winning campaign the following year.

He was given the all-clear to resume playing after a course of debilitating chemotherapy and was on loan at Leicester Tigers before the Gallagher Premiership season was interrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic lockdown.

Batley, 6ft 6ins tall, has been capped by England at Under-18s and Under-21s levels and his arrival has been welcomed by Director of Rugby Solomons.

ďWe are delighted to welcome Bats to Sixways. He is a big, athletic, young English lock, who has gained representative honours for England at age grade level,Ē said Solomons.

ďHe has worked with both JT and Iro which will be of huge benefit as he seeks to make his mark at the club.

ďHe is also a first-class bloke who I look forward to working with.Ē

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 16:12
Born: 27 June 1996 (age 23 years)
Height: 2m - 6ft 6ins
Weight: 124 kg - 19 st 7lbs

Big lad!

JP

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 16:16
Get the conditioning team on him over the summer depending on if games resume and he will be ridiculous. Some of the things I read on the Tigers forums earlier were really good. Some of them were more gutted he was leaving that Will Spencer and thought they should have kept him on

halfback09 13 May, 2020 16:18
I went to hartpury college with joe. Great potential, was always tipped for big things since Iíve met him. Somewhat unlucky with illness at Bristol as that move was supposed to be big for him. I think heíll finally thrive as a player with us. He played a lot at 6 too.

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 16:21
He could have the same impact as Dombrandt has had at Quins. Different positions but both big lads that have thrived in the right environments.

I love the tweets between himself and Matt Kvesic too. Great for team unity already

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 16:31
Has to be really good news when new recruits are already talking to each other about their decisions and what they want out of their moves to us.

JP

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 16:33
I agree completely

shrewsburyman 13 May, 2020 17:04
We have recruited well and as we all wanted some ballast in the forwards he seems to fit the bill. Yes delighted with this signing. Also interested in the comment about Spencer in particular that he would have liked to return. Keep up the good work AJW.

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 17:33
Yea we have recruited very well. Our recruitment and rentention process has been excellent the last few years. Even though we have tended to give Solly a bit of stick before the lockdown you canít knock the guy when it comes to the transfer window. I canít remember the last time we tied down all our best players and then sign good ones on top of it?

Going back to Batley he is an converted back row player. If GJ leaves at the end of his contract next year I would love to see us recruit another monster like Batley and move him back to play at number 8. He would be a huge ball carrier for us

kiddykid 13 May, 2020 17:45
With BIG JOE joIning us from Brizzle he will be well known to JT so letís hope that this familiarity bodes well for his career at Sixways.
His versatility in playing lock or at 8 will be very useful indeed. On paper, it looks a good move for both parties.

Fiver 13 May, 2020 18:47
I like the fact we haven't got new signings in the double figures. That must be a good sign.

I also love the fact that we are finally seeing the benefits of the academy. There are some really exciting players coming through and I actually think they'll get game time, instead of playing it safe all the time by picking the older guys.

Solly might have problems keeping everyone happy next season, but that's one of the better problems to have. I'm hoping to see a lot more of Simpson, Butler, Lawrence, David and Heward in the back line. I can't ever remember a time when we had that many young guys stepping up in the backs.

I'll let the more knowledgeable members of the forum talk about the forwards, not my speciality.

AJWarriors 13 May, 2020 19:34
Morgan Monks is one to keep an eye on for the forwards. I wouldnít be surprised is Kai Owen isnít second choice loosehead by the end of next season either. Those are two forwards to look out for that I think will make the step up next season.

Iím a backs guy too and I too would like to see more of Simpson. Heís a live wire and has a very good kicking game and possess great pace and a crisp pass too. I can see Ollie Lawrence starting next season to be honest. Heís too good not to play now and I hope Nick David cements a spot on the wing too like yourself. Exciting times right now,we just need to deliver

Faithful_City 13 May, 2020 21:57
Donít forget young Howard he looks very interesting.

JP

TRIXTA 13 May, 2020 23:20
Heward even?

AJWarriors 14 May, 2020 03:03
Yep! Iíd like to see Noah get some game time too. Although I want to see Melani at full back permanently and not the wing and rotate with either Chris or Noah.

The wings we are pretty much stocked there with Fidow showing a bit of form before lockdown. His try vs Sarries was special and obviously Nick David making an impact and showing heís an exciting flair winger with great feet and then obviously we have Howe whoís a great finisher and also Humphreys and Hearle if heís being kept on.

The back three options look quite exciting next season too. Almost all barring Ed Fidow and Nanai are English and young lads.

TrueWarrior 14 May, 2020 09:28
Nanai at full back is a must for me. Saw him in space 3 times before he was injured, all 3 times he made ground and beat defenders. Has ato start at full back.

Faithful_City 14 May, 2020 10:13
Absolutely agree.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net