Latest news:

Q & A
Discussion started by ROLLO , 21 May, 2020 18:59
Q & A
ROLLO 21 May, 2020 18:59
What did we learn that was new.
Some of the CVC money has been used to clear historic debt thus making this period more sustainable.

Re: Q & A
AJWarriors 21 May, 2020 20:07
Accelerated progress in terms of the stadium expansion plans and also putting good use to the Sixways land.

usa warrior 21 May, 2020 22:08
Felt quite reassured really. Clearly still a lot of "unknowns", but feels like we're in a good place.

Certainly read into the statement about a harmonious coaching team. One could infer that the current group are not ?

AJWarriors 22 May, 2020 00:01
Looked that way to me usa. I remember watching us play on tv a few months back and a shot panned over to Solly and Rory sitting in the stands as the game was about to start. Solly made what it seemed a joke to Rory and Rory didnít even acknowledge it or make any gesture at all and seemed to completely blank Solly.

NW2 22 May, 2020 08:13
Whatever you make of the content, I don't think you can fault the delivery, especially of Jason Whittingham. If only we could play as well as they can talk, we would be top four!
Seriously, I thought they handled the ST refund issue very well and very fairly.

WorcesterSauce 22 May, 2020 09:02
Quote:
AJWarriors
Accelerated progress in terms of the stadium expansion plans and also putting good use to the Sixways land.

This stuck out for me too although they made all the right noises when they released info about this over a year ago and said they were going through a tender process for architects (whatever that means)... so that is all thatís happened in a year?

Good job Covid19 has focused the minds a little and i look forward to them getting some planning permission in place, in the next couple of weeks or months. To me this seems extremely quick given how slow the process has been up to now but iím happy to believe that the owners know more than me. It also contradicts what they said at the last meet the owners where it was said there would be an increase in capacity but only when attendances warrant it.

TrueWarrior 22 May, 2020 10:12
It may be that the land around the stadium will be developed quicker than planned as opposed to the stadium itself. Whilst there was mention of a permanent cover on the top of the North stand, this obviously wouldn't increase the capacity.

Garym 22 May, 2020 10:26
I thought it was a very good politicians session, vague on the points that matter. Can anybody tell me what they are actually going to do make the club sustainable other than undertake some redevelopment? Can somebody tell me what will happened with next years ST if the government still has social distancing, crowd size limits, etc in place? I know that they are unknowns, but in business speak they are known unknowns and they could/should have acknowledged that.

ROLLO 22 May, 2020 10:48
[quote Garym]I thought it was a very good politicians session, vague on the points that matter. Can anybody tell me what they are actually going to do make the club sustainable other than undertake some redevelopment?

This was my immidiate thought as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net