Latest news:

Golden opportunity.
Discussion started by woodywuss , 22 May, 2020 16:28
Golden opportunity.
woodywuss 22 May, 2020 16:28
Let's be honest this season has been one of the strangest yet. From the late start and the gaps in between Prem. games to the enforced stop caused by this terrible virus. So, when the vested interests have stopped faffing and @#$%& around ,we could have one of the best opportunities for clubs to give the whole of their squad numbers some quality game experience.
Empty grounds, newly transferred players, shorter turnarounds to get games in and the landscape of marquee and higher paid players likely to be an element in clubs future budgets . This could be an ideal opportunity for clubs like Warriors to put some of the future on display?

Re: Golden opportunity.
TrueWarrior 22 May, 2020 19:21
We are only 2 wins off 6th place so also an ideal time to try and chase that. But with long term development, it would make sense for players like Kai Owen, Nick David, Noah Heward and Monks to get/continue to get prem experience.

Offa 22 May, 2020 22:35
We will have an almost entirely new coaching group.
For me it will be about them getting their ideas across in a remainder of a season with no jeopardy, and hopefully give them a head start for next season.

Asterz 24 May, 2020 23:53
Quote:
TrueWarrior
We are only 2 wins off 6th place so also an ideal time to try and chase that. But with long term development, it would make sense for players like Kai Owen, Nick David, Noah Heward and Monks to get/continue to get prem experience.

6th?! Havenít had a good game since the WC ended. We live in hope.

TrueWarrior 25 May, 2020 10:25
Quote:
Asterz
Quote:
TrueWarrior

6th?! Havenít had a good game since the WC ended. We live in hope.

Yes Asterz, we are 8 points off 6th. Hopeful that the new coaches that we have in will be able to inspire something for the remaining part of the season. Clear to me that the disharmony between Solly and Duncan was not helping the squad.

TVM Rides Again 26 May, 2020 08:29
Have the new coaches arrived?

TrueWarrior 26 May, 2020 08:54
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Have the new coaches arrived?

Player and coach transfers will be completed by the time this season resumes I suspect (if it does at all.)

ROLLO 26 May, 2020 09:03
I think that Solly has said he expects the player contaracts to start on 1 July so I would expect the coaches to as well.

Garym 26 May, 2020 10:20
I thought all the press releases said the coaches come at the end of the season - however that is defined!

TVM Rides Again 26 May, 2020 10:52
It's all profoundly confusing!

I would imagine (and it is a speculative imagine) that all contracts will have a calender date as there will be money involved on a pro rata basis on whether the season ends at your last game or - say - the Premiership final.

Calendar dates are unambiguous.

Whispering_Death 26 May, 2020 13:00
We could have a situation, if we do try and finish off this season, where we have Saracens playing in the prem and in the Championship as I believe their new season is planned to start in September as normal. Hmmm!

ROLLO 26 May, 2020 13:47
There has I think been quite soem discussion on the VF22 site about this and what compises a legal date. I am not sure any real conclusion was found.

Fiver 29 May, 2020 10:49
As far as I'm aware, players and coaches have contracts with dates in them, I think that was confirmed by the owners on their Q&A. These dates cannot be changed, no matter what happens with the league finishing etc... As such, everyone moves on 1st July come what may.

ROLLO 29 May, 2020 11:16
I have asked the question on the coaches Q & A.

shrewsburyman 29 May, 2020 12:23
Worcester are probably the club with most to gain from a 1st July deadline being agreed to given our completely new coaching team who I expect will have fairly different ideas when compared with the present regime.

Fiver 29 May, 2020 13:25
The great thing is we've barely got any changes to the playing line up. Other teams may have huge disruption with key position changes, whereas we can field pretty much the same 23 man squad we normally do.

ROLLO 29 May, 2020 13:52
Unless you imagine that coaches have little effect I would suggest that changing three coaches may also cause some disruption.

Fiver 29 May, 2020 15:25
I agree Rollo, but it would depend when they decide to change the coaching style. They could start on 1st July and keep the continuity of coaching style until the end of the season. You can't do the same with new players necessarily.

TrueWarrior 29 May, 2020 18:10
Would let them bring in their new coaching style from the off on July 1st. The previous coaching style (particularly attack) was inspiring very little and we were clearly underperforming. I know it could be argued we have underperformed for however many years but this was clear underperformance - we did not look like there was a plan in attack and players did not know their roles.

It is fairly obvious that Solly and Duncan were not on the best of terms by March and I am sure messages delivered by Rory Duncan (who players knew who were off) may not have carried much weight. Possibly the best thing for us as a club about the lockdown is having the new coaching set up earlier. It is almost an extended pre season and gives a while for the new coaching ideas to bed in.

kiddykid 29 May, 2020 22:40
Does anyone think it a good move - or the opposite - that we have no Head Coach. Solly, it seems, will have all four reporting directly to him.. Is this a money-saving exercise or is it a Ďcunning planí that no other Prem club has yet discovered?
Sollyís role is to strengthen the squad, formulate the overall plan and devise strategy; the individual coaches roles are to put that strategy into being.
I would be interested to hear if anyone has views about a Head Coach ..........or not as the case might be.

TrueWarrior 29 May, 2020 22:58
I strongly suspect Jon Thomas or Omar will be HC in all but writing. Hoping it's JT.

AJWarriors 29 May, 2020 23:36
I think JT will be eventually. I think Solly will mentor him especially on the admin side which Solly seems to be good at with JT eventually taking over the role of head coach/DOR once Sollyís contract expires. As for the coaches I know the boys are extremely excited about the new coaches coming in and have been for ages so I donít see them as a disruption at all. I think theyíre really keen to try something new especially with no pressure on them because there will be no threat of relegation. Also I would have thought there will be a real buzz around the club with all the new changes going on with none of them being negative ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net