Latest news:

Coaches Q&A
Discussion started by AJWarriors , 03 June, 2020 20:16
Coaches Q&A
AJWarriors 03 June, 2020 20:16
Just watched the coaches Q&A and I found it very informative, especially Omarís insight on the kicking game, which he broke down to a tee and made it very simple to understand.

I asked two questions about who they thought would be the next crop of young players that will come through in the same vein as Ted and Ollie Lawrence and they said the names I thought they would mention, which is pleasing. The other question I asked was about recruitment and whether they would keep signing players from home or look abroad, which Solly answered really well.

The interesting part for me though was about the Cavs and the alignment of the coaches which to me was obvious last season.

Hereís the video anyway [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2020 20:17 by AJWarriors.

Re: Coaches Q&A
Abmatt 03 June, 2020 20:33
Omar came across really well, but my he speaks quickly.
He also went into depth on his podcast about kicking and said much the same. Itís worth a listen.

AJWarriors 03 June, 2020 20:48
Lol thatís exactly what I was thinking when listening to him! I loved what he was saying but thinking to myself mate slow down! If I was a player Iíd love to work with him,I really like his enthusiasm for the game and energy

TrueWarrior 03 June, 2020 22:15
I asked a question about whether Melani Nanai would play at full back next season but it wasn't answered (understandably so in some ways). It was mentioned about his x factor qualities ; we will certainly see more moments of that from full back IMO. He has to play there.

AJWarriors 03 June, 2020 22:48
I agree

shrewsburyman 04 June, 2020 09:14
I would agree that it was an interesting and very worthwhile Q and A giving a bit of an insight into where we are and where we are going. I suppose the one follow question I would have made was about the quality of the chase with our kicking game. For instance Perry seems to be more effective doing this than some others. The benefits Omar described can only be realised if that chase is good enough. I thought that the reference to not taking our chances after a turnover were interesting and perhaps once again showed how much we missed Heam and Adams.

ROLLO 04 June, 2020 10:21
Although my name was mentioned my question was not asked which was " when will the new players and coaches be in post ? " I think Bacco was trying to role a few qustiosn together judgung by the number of names he reeled off. Patgadd was your question asked?

Fiver 04 June, 2020 10:39
For me one of the big differences is that not only are our owners now involved in the club, but they also seem to know what they're doing. Solly has been at the club for a couple of years, but only now are we creating a holistic view. The issue with the alignment of the Cavs should surely have been done before.

I was also interested by the body language and tone from Solly. He seemed very stern and focused in his answers, much more determination than I remember seeing before.

I can't help but agree with the point made above about chasing kicks. Omar conveniently forgot to mention that bit. Against Wasps we were so predictable, such that Wasps kept putting more and more men into the backfield and we kept kicking to then. It looked to me that after that game we started playing a little more heads up and varying play. That could just be my perception, though.

shrewsburyman 04 June, 2020 12:52
Solly gave me the impression that there had been a fair amount of contact with the new coaches already.

Offa 05 June, 2020 08:30
I too liked Omar.
SA can kick and win because when they gain field position they can bring an overwhelming power game onto their opponents. England and Sarries can bring a rapier attack into play.
Sadly, Worcester's kicking game is ineffective and tends to result in us ceding a lot of territory and defending for our lives.

centrethere 05 June, 2020 14:42
That was informative by Omar and backed up by Solly, but as they said we kick the least, so I assume we are the least able to play that game. So be interested to see what our strategy is going forward with lance and mills gone, for example

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net