Latest news:

This is not what rugby needs right now.
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 06 June, 2020 15:33
This is not what rugby needs right now.
Faithful_City 06 June, 2020 15:33
Quote:

“Each member will allocate 1 per cent of annual salary to the RPE annual fund,” the document states. 24 per cent of that 1 per cent will go to the RPE as fees, while 76 per cent will be invested in ‘low-risk compounding interest products’. “Every 10 years (or earlier) players will receive 1.2x to 1.9x their subscriptions.”

For the average Premiership player on £120,000 to £200,000 a year, that will amount £1,200 to £2,000 as a membership fee, significantly more than the £200 currently being asked by Hopley’s RPA, although they would see a return on that investment over time.

Genge’s RPE also want to take clubs to task on their accounts, saying their union would want ‘independent reviews’ of club financials. “Players should not be joining loss-making entities that do not have viable plans, sinking funds, appropriate facilities to meet salary obligations.”

Genge is really showing his true colours, distrust of others.

[b]Full article HERE[/b]

JP

Re: This is not what rugby needs right now.
NW2 06 June, 2020 16:47
Absolutely agree with the thread title. Very bad timing.

Re: This is not what rugby needs right now.
Fiver 07 June, 2020 09:40
I was lead to believe this has been going on for some time, i.e. before COVID-19. Some other players were talking about an alternative to the RPA last year.

As such, given the timing of the Myners report and current discussions into the future of the game, it might be seen as very relevant timing. A lot of decisions about the game are happening, I know I'd hate to miss the boat if it were me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net