Latest news:

Watching at Sixways
Discussion started by Sheldon , 24 June, 2020 12:03
Watching at Sixways
Sheldon 24 June, 2020 12:03
Given the changes to social distancing etc yesterday does anyone think we might be able to watch home matches at Sixways from August?

Re: Watching at Sixways
TrueWarrior 24 June, 2020 13:48
Hoping so.

I saw a news article that talked of being able to have 4 thousand people in each ground but I cant see how a uniform 4 thousand is correct as surely each ground will have a different amount based on space.

The 2 big issues I can see are toilets and serving food/drink. If a toilet doesnt have one exit in and one exit out, I can't see that it will be open.

I dont know how many season ticket holders we have but one would imagine they would get priority on any tickets and a good percentage of them would get tickets for each game. May have to work on a ballot system.

Garym 25 June, 2020 09:35
Quote:
TrueWarrior
Hoping so.
I saw a news article that talked of being able to have 4 thousand people in each ground but I cant see how a uniform 4 thousand is correct as surely each ground will have a different amount based on space.

The 2 big issues I can see are toilets and serving food/drink. If a toilet doesnt have one exit in and one exit out, I can't see that it will be open.

I dont know how many season ticket holders we have but one would imagine they would get priority on any tickets and a good percentage of them would get tickets for each game. May have to work on a ballot system.

The article you saw , said that for a 15!000 capacity you might get 4!000 in. So given we have less than that, we will be below the 4,000 as it currently stands. Who knows what it will actually be.

Drutz 25 June, 2020 12:23
It could be that the stands are open but no bars, or limited.

Might be to start with you basically turn up, watch the match and the ground closes straight afterwards.

Pulling the boots on for one more year

BantamWarrior 25 June, 2020 17:17
The clubs will need to carefully look at the options to avoid losing a lot of money if they can't have bars and shops open

If the grounds are open, its a good chance that the limited number of seats available will be taken by Season ticket holders, so there will be no extra cash revenue. A very high percentage of these people had "gifted" their remaining balance to clubs rather than asking for it to be repaid. So by holding the games with fans watching the clubs will receive no extra sales income and save nothing on ticket refunds.

The costs of running a game with fans in the ground is however significantly greater than running a game empty. Stewards, safety staff, ticket barrier staff, etc, etc. If these costs can't be offset by money taken in food, drink and merchandise then the clubs would actually be better off financially holding the games behind closed doors.

Obviously I would much rather the games were held with supporters and I would desperately want to be one of those in the ground - but I don't think it will be an easy a decision for clubs to make - even if they are allowed to.

ROLLO 25 June, 2020 20:23
If soccer can't manage it I can't see how rugby will.

Abmatt 25 June, 2020 23:09
If it did happen I think we’ll get a 2500-3000 capacity with no standing. Limited bars, possibly only in the fanzone and at the south stand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net