Ted is captain
Discussion started by AJWarriors , 15 July, 2020 17:31
Ted is captain
AJWarriors 15 July, 2020 17:31
Outstanding achievement and right decision

[warriors.co.uk]

Re: Ted is captain
Garym 15 July, 2020 17:42
And given all the comments about will butler in some of the other threads , vice captain. Good luck to him as well

Ake1985 15 July, 2020 17:43
Whats the difference between club and team captain?

Surprised Nial Annett has been overlooked for one of the roles.

w4rriorz1980 15 July, 2020 18:08
Solly's remit iirc about having as many Worcester lads as possible in the squad.

Must extend to captaincy roles now.

Well done both but not sure about Butler.Will he play enough?

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Faithful_City 15 July, 2020 18:09
A bold and brave choice.

JP

Faithful_City 15 July, 2020 18:13
It is ďclubĒ vice capatain so doesnít matter if he plays

JP

AJWarriors 15 July, 2020 18:25
Quote:
Ake1985

This is just a guess but club captain is what I think the face of the club, so I guess Ted will do interviews media commitments ect, but will also lead the team on match days.

Team captain I think is the guy that organises things, keeps the social bond together and the unity of the team. I think from what Iíve seen of Mouldsy that heís a great choice for that role.

AJWarriors 15 July, 2020 18:30
I wasnít too far off! Hereís what Solly had to say

[twitter.com]

Sheldon 15 July, 2020 20:46
Brilliant move.

WorcesterSauce 15 July, 2020 22:14
Completely agree with giving Hill that role - Moulds role probably means he is our first choice hooker which is fairly harsh on Annett as i donít think there is much between them and if anything Annett probably shades it for me...

Butlers position is a nothing position really - take control of media duties when Ted is away.

Garym 16 July, 2020 07:24
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
Ake1985

This is just a guess but club captain is what I think the face of the club, so I guess Ted will do interviews media commitments ect, but will also lead the team on match days.

Team captain I think is the guy that organises things, keeps the social bond together and the unity of the team. I think from what Iíve seen of Mouldsy that heís a great choice for that role.

This is only replicating what has been in place for a couple o seasons. GJ was club captain and at one point playing captain, while this season initially it seemed they gave playing captain out on a weekly basis until Mounds picked up the role on a more permanent basis towards the end

shrewsburyman 16 July, 2020 08:37
This gives the right message to Ted and shows our commitment to our home grown players. Moulds seems the obvious choice for team captain to me.

Fiver 17 July, 2020 14:01
I too like what Solly has done. That said, I always looked at Annett as a possible future captain. It must be very close between him and Moulds for who starts each game, which is a good headache for the club to have.

Solly is a very astute operator, I've no doubt we'll all see why Will has been given the vice captain's role. He reminds me very much of Nick Tompkins in the way he plays, not the biggest but finds a way through and clever in his distribution.

The key thing is whether the other players respect the decisions on the players chosen for the captain's roles, as long as they do then it doesn't matter what we all think.

shrewsburyman 17 July, 2020 14:55
Will will probably captain the Cavs as he did last year.

Asterz 18 July, 2020 00:23
I rate Annett as our best hooker - plus his loyalty and love for the club is probably greater than I have seen in any other player in 10 years!
Really hope he gets his chances.

shrewsburyman 18 July, 2020 07:55
We have two really good hookers both with leadership qualities so a difficult decision.

Offa 18 July, 2020 08:19
We need 2 really good hookers. Remember how our lineout used to disintegrate when Big Joe would come on?

AJWarriors 18 July, 2020 11:05
I agree. I think we need at least two very good players in each position throughout the squad. I donít think we are too far off that at the moment. Isaac Miller isnít too far behind Moulds and Annett either. He made huge strides last/this season

centrethere 19 July, 2020 00:50
Great call for Ted. Didn't know, there was a vice position, but if it is to coalesce the Cavs/ reserves etc, then OK for Will. Would like to see Annett as Team captain when Moulds isn't

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net