Latest news:

Christian Scotland Williamson
Discussion started by AJWarriors , 20 July, 2020 23:31
Christian Scotland Williamson
AJWarriors 20 July, 2020 23:31
Has been released from the Pittsburgh Steelers. We probably donít have space for him at lock unless Batley is moved back to his original position as a number 8, but Iíd love to have him back at Worcester.

Re: Christian Scotland Williamson
Bevere Warrior 21 July, 2020 09:58
Agree, I can only imagine his already impressive physical attributes have increased over there.

shrewsburyman 21 July, 2020 10:12
I assume that we negotiated some option to re-sign him when we agreed to let him go?

WorcesterSauce 21 July, 2020 10:32
Problem is we are even more well stocked at 8 so couldnít really put Batley there. I would take him back personally. As BW says heís only going to have improved physically and itíd be a sickener to watch him go and play well elsewhere.

Offa 21 July, 2020 10:41
Would all depend on where we are in the cap.
Also, it is a different conditioning in NFL. It is an explosive sport, but you only have to manage a seven second burst before you get a good break. His explosive ability will have gone through the roof, but suspect it would take time for him to play a multi-phase game.
Personally I would go for him. The best bit is that his time with us would have coincided with JT, so he will have an insider's view of him.

AJWarriors 21 July, 2020 11:02
Very true on the point about JT. Another good thing is that he has played with the majority of the Squad and still keeps in touch with them. He also fits the profile Solly mentions of bringing players back to the club where it all started for them. CSW also regularly posts videos and pictures of his time at the club and his most recent one is of him playing and you forget how frightening he was.

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/07/2020 11:13 by AJWarriors.

Mikey40 21 July, 2020 11:36
He could still be picked up by one of the other teams after release by the Steelers, maybe even a step into the CFL (Canadian Football League) could be a possibility before an return into rugby?

Faithful_City 21 July, 2020 13:12
I would imagine he is on quite a wedge and with Premiership salaries dropping would he want to come back to Union in the UK?

What about France or even Japan?

JP

Mr_Worcester 21 July, 2020 18:18
He upped sticks and moved his whole life to the US, to pursue a sport which is incredibly hard to break in to. At 27, heís more likely to stick around and try and get on another franchiseís practice squad, as he will earn a hell of a lot more doing that than he ever will in Rugby.

If he does want a return though, I would hope itís to us.

WorcesterSauce 21 July, 2020 22:51
Apparently the average for a player in a practise squad is £10k a week. Even if heís on something lower than average heíll be almost certainly earning more than he would in rugby.

LiveInHope 21 July, 2020 23:25
Doubt he will come back to rugby. If he does, doubt it will be Worcester.
He is 27 & always showed great potential, but first injury, then just as he was about to Follow through USA called. Itís 18 months gone, training hard in a very different sport, believe his time has passed & he has an education to fall back on.
Hope I am wrong, but donít think so.

ROLLO 27 July, 2020 09:33
As I have posted previously I hope that at least the club have kept his registration.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net