Latest news:

Home Grown 15
Discussion started by WorcesterSauce , 22 July, 2020 09:34
Home Grown 15
WorcesterSauce 22 July, 2020 09:34
Could we see something like this over the next 9 weeks?

1- Owen
2- Cutting
3- Morris
4- Kitchener/Scott
5- Kitchener/Clegg
6- Hill
7- Kvesic/Monks
8- Cox/Dodd
9- Wynn
10- Shillcock/Smith
11- David
12- Butler
13- Lawrence
14- Hearle
15- Pennell/Heward

Not necessarily the best team (yet), although really not bad, especially the back row where there is considerable depth, but all things considered its one hell of an achievement to go from the Richard Hill era dismantling our academy to being able to (just about) field a pretty decent home grown 15 in the space of about 7 years.... ok 9 is a bit young but we could pull a certain Mr Arr out of retirement.

Re: Home Grown 15
Fiver 22 July, 2020 14:16
Right now, that team would get properly spanked. I firmly believe the premiership is too high a standard. However, in a few years the bulk of that team could do very well. Whilst I'd certainly not ever want to go back to the Dean Ryan era of not trusting the younger players, I'd only play around half of that team currently. I think the above would be a very good Cavs team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net