Latest news:

Teamís up
Discussion started by shrewsburyman , 25 August, 2020 12:39
Teamís up
shrewsburyman 25 August, 2020 12:39
Iím a little surprised by some of the selections. No Nic David for a start playing Heward instead. As some had suggested they are trying the Venter Lawrence combination and Du Preez in the back row. Must have decided that physically was really important. No sign of Batley or of Fidow.

Re: Teamís up
Faithful_City 25 August, 2020 12:49
Quote:
Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Tom Howe
13 Ollie Lawrence
12 Francois Venter
11 Noah Heward

10 Duncan Weir
9 Francois Hougaard

1 Ethan Waller
2 Niall Annett
3 Nick Schoner
4 Anton Bresler
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Ted Hill (C)
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Cornell du Preez.

Replacements | 16 Beck Cutting, 17 Callum Black, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Andrew Kitchener, 20 Sam Lewis, 21 Gareth Simpson, 22 Billy Searle, 23 Ashley Beck.

Unavailable for selection | Joe Batley, Conor Carey, Tom Dodd, Ed Fidow, Perry Humphreys, Marco Mama, Morgan Monks, Matt Moulds, Melani Nanai, Kai Owen.

Harlequins | 15 Aaron Morris, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Luke Northmore, 12 Ben Tapuai, 11 Caden Murley, 10 Brett Herron, 9 Scott Steele, 1 Santiago Garcia Botta, 2 Joe Gray, 3 Will Collier, 4 Glen Young, 5 Tevita Cavubati, 6 Dino Lamb, 7 Will Evans, 8 Tom Lawdday (C).

Replacements | 16 Elia Elia, 17 Marc Thomas, 18 Maks van Dyk, 19 Archie White, 20 James Chisholm, 21 Danny Care, 22 Paul Lasike, 23 James Lang.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/08/2020 12:49 by Faithful_City.

Faithful_City 25 August, 2020 12:50
I like the feel of that side, we have a chance.

JP

Malvern Man 25 August, 2020 12:53
Is that Harlequins' second team?

WorcesterSauce 25 August, 2020 12:54
Quote:
Faithful_City
I like the feel of that side, we have a chance.
JP

Iíd like to think we have more than a chance. We should be winning this with relative comfort.

Faithful_City 25 August, 2020 13:20
(Sm159)

Abmatt 25 August, 2020 13:22
Back row says a lot to me as to how weíre going to play the game.

Faithful_City 25 August, 2020 13:41
That is a pretty good Quins side to me.

JP

shrewsburyman 25 August, 2020 13:41
Beck Cutting is young and put in a big shift on Friday so a little surprised to see him on the subs bench! They are certainly giving him experience! Yes I agree we need to win this fixture.

HeemMachine 25 August, 2020 13:57
Really excited for the game now!!

Brummagem7's 25 August, 2020 16:43
More than happy with Cornell du Preez at 8, still feel he's the best pick in that position. I would've like to have seen Nick David in again aswell, looks a talent.

Fiver 25 August, 2020 16:50
I like the look of our selection, and on paper we are the stronger of the two team selections. We'll still need to play our best if we want to win.

As everyone else has mentioned, the only possible surprise is Heward for David. Perhaps Heward is such a talent we need to give him game time, whereas we already know what David can do. My only concern is our defence out wide, not normally a strong point for Howe, and Heward was caught out of position a few times against Wasps. I don't think there is any lack of endeavour, though.

Pack looks strong, I'm not too bothered who plays in the back row as I really don't think we've a weak player. The front five looks like it's our strongest choices, so we should fair pretty well in the set piece.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net