Latest news:

Pilot admittance for fans – notes for Warriors
Discussion started by BantamWarrior , 28 August, 2020 09:44
Pilot admittance for fans – notes for Warriors
BantamWarrior 28 August, 2020 09:44
The details of the Quins v Bath pilot for fans in the ground (Sat 5 Sept) have been announced. The key details, and potential impact on Warriors if similar arrangements were put in place are:

1. 3500 fans allowed in. - The Stoop has a capacity of 14,816 so that is about ¼ of the capacity. If the same proportion of fans were let in at Sixways (11,499 capacity) that would mean about 2,700 Warriors fans.

2. Season ticket holders only. - No surprises there, I would expect the same at Sixways

3. No away fans, no tickets on the day, absolutely no transferring of tickets and picture ID required to get in the ground. – All required to ensure Covid compliance so I would anticipate the same for Warriors.

4. Some groups allowed, you can apply in groups of up to 6 subject to the two households rule. – That should mean some Warriors fans who like to sit together will be able to, but those in large “mates” groups will probably get split up and some will get in, others will be unlucky.

5. Online ballot only with demand expected to exceed supply. Quins have been quite upfront about saying that they don’t have the time or resources to administer phone or in person enquiries. – That would probably have to happen at Warriors too unless the ticket office staff were able to work miracles.

6. Normal pricing applies, but Season Ticket holders who donated the rest of their seasons ticket to the club (ie didn’t get a refund) won’t be charged. – This will be interesting if applied at Warriors as the normal matchday price is more than the “per match cost” of a season ticket that has been refunded. Very fair for season ticket holders who donated their remaining balance, a bit tough for those who have had a refund and will now pay more to get back in!

7. Seats will be allocated, and you can’t have your normal seat. – This has to be expected in order to be Covid compliant

8. Some, but not all food and bars will be open. – That should also be achievable at Sixways as there would be plenty of room in front of some of the bars to queue safely, especially with only 2,700 fans.

9. Masks on. – We’ll just have to sing “Warriors” a lot louder!

All the above is hypothetical, as there won’t be any Sixways games for the rest of this season, but might be indicative of what might happen at the start of the next one.

Re: Pilot admittance for fans – notes for Warriors
ROLLO 28 August, 2020 09:58
Thnaks for all of this.
I don't think that point 6 is unfair, if you have accepted the refund you are the same as a none ST holder, you can't have your cake and eat it. If you have accepted a refund are you even an ST holder for this season?

BantamWarrior 28 August, 2020 10:02
Tend to agree with you Rollo on refunds. Quins could have been harsher and said only Season Ticket holders who had donated could apply, or that donors would be prioritised in the ballot - so on balance I think they've got it about right.

Offa 28 August, 2020 10:46
But covid has cost some their jobs or made a big dent in income. I don't think that there is a wrong or a right here, just that there is a flip side.
I don't disagree with the above, and it will be nice for clubs to recognise the generosity of some supporters, and it is probably the right thing to do, but there is a flip side and covid has been crueller to some than others. Some have been able to be generous to the club (who are themselves taking a huge covid hit) through luck of the draw. But I guess that is just life................

I think you are right that it would be a nice gesture from the club, but it should be worded in a sensitive way - and given Jason and Colin's track record, I have total faith that it will be so.

Pablo Warrior 03 September, 2020 15:48
The refunds offered were only for the games that were officially to be played behind closed doors, (Glos and Quins games) I chose option 2, to have my money refunded and kept on account. I've not been asked about refunds for the other remaining home games so I'd expect to have the same rights regarding tickets as anyone else.

My decision was slightly swayed by the fact that there is no refund on the parking and in fact no mention of the parking season tickets at all.

Pablo smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net