Latest news:

Sundays team
Discussion started by ROLLO , 28 August, 2020 10:08
Sundays team
ROLLO 28 August, 2020 10:08
I guess that the team may be announced today so here goes subject to fitness:
Pennell, Fidow ( Howe ) Beck, Butler, David, Searle, Heaney , Black, Cutting , Palfreman, Kitchener A , Batley ( Scott ) Cox ( Monks ), Williams, Dodd ( Cox )
Bench. Holsey, Morris J, Millar, Clegg, Kitto, VanBreda, Mama, Morris O

Re: Sundays team
BantamWarrior 28 August, 2020 10:29
Accepting that we need to rotate, we do need to be careful though that we don't demoralise some of the newer/younger players by setting them up for a thrashing!

Malvern Man 28 August, 2020 10:46
It'll be Exeter thirds, but they'll play just like the firsts!

ROLLO 28 August, 2020 11:07
BW I feel that there is still a fair amont of expereince in that Squad.

Old Col 28 August, 2020 11:44
Exeter will put out their strongest side-they were lucky to win against us when we played them at home earlier in the season .They will not take any chances of being surprised. My guess is that we will put out pretty nealy the same squad as Wednesday ---so long as not too battered.

w4rriorz1980 28 August, 2020 11:49
Quote:
Malvern Man
It'll be Exeter thirds, but they'll play just like the firsts!
Will it be Chiefs' thirds or are you just guessing?
Wouldn't mind if either.Great experience for our young guns but we'll have more chance if they do put an 'understrength' team out,we may eke out a tbp or lbp.Our 6-5 win down there a couple of seasons ago means anything is possible.

If the Chiefs v Briz game is anything to go by it'll be difficult if we did put our full team out even against a '2nd/3rd' Chiefs team.And I'd put imho our first XV on par with Bristol's.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

4934 28 August, 2020 12:02
The team:-

Warriors | 15 Scott van Breda, 14 Nick David, 13 Ashley Beck, 12 Will Butler (C), 11 Alex Hearle, 10 Billy Searle, 9 Michael Heaney, 1 Callum Black, 2 Beck Cutting, 3 Richard Palframan, 4 James Scott, 5 Andrew Kitchener, 6 Tom Dodd, 7 Sam Lewis, 8 GJ van Velze.

Replacements | 16 Isaac Miller, 17 Lewis Holsey, 18 Joe Morris, 19 Justin Clegg, 20 Caleb Montgomery, 21 Matt Cox, 22 Jono Kitto, 23 Oli Morris.

Unavailable | Joe Batley, Conor Carey, Ed Fidow, Perry Humphreys, Marco Mama, Morgan Monks, Matt Moulds, Melani Nanai, Kai Owen, Jamie Shillcock.

ROLLO 28 August, 2020 12:10
Not a bad stab from me (19 out of 23 ), I forgot about Montgomery though.
A decent side considering we have 10 players injured.

shrewsburyman 28 August, 2020 12:11
The unavoidable list is quite long and contains 6 or 7 that could make the match day squad!

Malvern Man 28 August, 2020 12:19
Oh dear, it's Exeter's firsts. Prepare for a cricket score.

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Jack Nowell
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Joe Simmonds (capt)
9 Jack Maunder
1 Ben Moon
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Jonny Gray
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jack Innard
17 Billy Keast
18 Marcus Street
19 Will Witty
20 Richard Capstick
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22 Harvey Skinner
23 Tom Hendrickson

I guess we're saving the best team for Bristol

Warwick Eastie 28 August, 2020 12:20
Only a small smattering of experience in our side. A good experience to go to Exeter, but I'd expect us to get bullied up front.

I'm looking for a performance rather than a result....

WorcesterSauce 28 August, 2020 12:36
Fine line between giving experience and knocking confidence. Hopefully we front up well and can give Exeter a game - that would probably be enough. Just need to hope we arenít completely humiliated.

Malvern Man 28 August, 2020 12:41
Yes, I apologise for my shoot from the hip use of the term "cricket score". Worcester usual play better than expected when backs are to the wall. A decent performance will do fine, and anything in the way of points would be a bonus. The youngsters will also learn a lot.

AJWarriors1 28 August, 2020 12:43
Iím more bothered about individual performances than the score line at this stage with our perceived weakened side. As Iíve said before for me itís like pre season and a good opportunity for everyone to stake a claim for a starting spot next season.

Iím really interested to see how Hearle and Butler get on especially Hearle. Heís turned into a physical monster so Iím interested to see how he plays against Nowell. Iím kind of glad we have put out a team like this because it will highlight in my opinion who has the quality to step up a level and push for a starting spot.

If it was our strongest team and we got hammered then Iíd be concerned, but we have young guys wanting to make an impression so Iíll back them all the way

Fiver 28 August, 2020 12:50
I don't care which team or club are playing that Exeter side, it's one hell of a line up. If our boys do get thrashed it'll be no disgrace as I'm sure any other club's 1st XV would get a beating, possibly even Sarries given several of their stars have now gone.

Let's hope it frees up our guys to play without fear as the expectations will be reduced. I liked Mark McCall's comments about his new/young players when he said they were told they wouldn't be judged by their mistakes, it's the effort level that they'll be looking for.

Our guys just need to play their own game for the full 80 minutes and see where it gets them.

Faithful_City 28 August, 2020 13:06
What a fantastic opportunity to put your hand up and show you can play against the BEST side in the Premiership.

Good luck to everyone of them.

Exeter are on a hiding to nothing, If they do not win by 50 its they will be deemed losers. our boys have to front up and if they have a good strong 10 minutes of domination they are out and out winners.

Go on boys you can't lose.

JP

shrewsburyman 28 August, 2020 13:07
Looking for positives I would suggest that Exeter are paying us a compliment by putting out their 1st team against us! As others have said we donít stand a chance so it is how individuals perform that matters.

HeemMachine 28 August, 2020 13:50
Hope the boys do us proud and return injury free.

My hope is we stay within touching distance for the first 60 then the last 20...who knows!!

I am however expecting a tough afternoon 🙁

Offa 28 August, 2020 14:11
That team are capable of giving all bar Sarries a bit of a hiding.
I just want our guys to work on their systems and have a go. It will be hard to shine when playing on the backfoot.
Just go and give it a crack.

Diverdave 28 August, 2020 14:15
Is the game televised

Faithful_City 28 August, 2020 14:34
No

TCB 28 August, 2020 14:38
Yes it is. BT Sport on one of their extra channels. So no talky bits before and after.

Faithful_City 28 August, 2020 14:43
Every game is on BT sport but only some are on their main channel not sport extra, this isnít one of the, sadly.

JP

clalan 28 August, 2020 14:51
The game is on BT sports on red button, all games are if not shown on main channel.

As a Chief supporter I know that our coach has never been afraid to play the youngsters, if he thinks they are good enough and have proved themselves in training, then they will be picked on merit.
They will never take any team for granted, and will show your young guns the respect they deserve, talent only improves by playing competitively it will not be a cricket score, your boys are quite capable of winning, it is rugby.
I know Chiefs have a plan with rotation and trying to walk the thin line of keeping the guys up to speed game wise and resting, we have a lot of games in a short period on the European weekend.

All the best, cant wait till I can visit you guys once more.

Malvern Man 28 August, 2020 14:55
"Every game is on BT sport but only some are on their main channel not sport extra, this isnít one of the, sadly. "

Actually, I don't miss listening to Ugo Monye saying how hopeless Worcester are. Its was however a shame he wasn't commentating last Wednesday. He'd have had to say that our pack had the edge.

Brummagem7's 28 August, 2020 17:29
The bt narrative on Worcester is getting pretty tired now, although we barely get picked for coverage anyway.

I'm hoping for a competitive game from this lineup, slug it out for 80 and make Exeter graft. Make it uncomfortable. Good to see Cutting up against an in form LCD, a good performance here could really propel him into the first XV.

WorcesterSauce 28 August, 2020 17:49
Iíve just seen on twitter that the bookies have the most likely outcome as Exeter winning by more than 50 points!

Asterz 28 August, 2020 19:36
I banged the drum for mixed teams before the restart, and I still do now. What on earth do we stand to learn on Sunday?

Offa 29 August, 2020 11:14
Briz chosen a second string for Sale. Looks like our first team against theirs the following friday.

Faithful_City 29 August, 2020 12:30
Bristol and Wuss both really want to beat the other.

Should be an interesting game.

centrethere 30 August, 2020 06:33
Bbc has Will Cutler (sic) down as captaining the game

AJWarriors1 30 August, 2020 09:35
Makes sense mate seeing as heís vice captain

Faithful_City 30 August, 2020 11:39
He is not the most robust of players, brave but not robust, I have fears he will not finish the game and will be sidelined for several months.

JP

centrethere 30 August, 2020 13:44
AJ I think you missed my point . The miss spelling of his name as written by the BBC hence the latin abbreviation to denote this. Nothing to do with his being captain.

AJWarriors1 30 August, 2020 16:54
Oh! Apologies mate

WorcesterSauce 30 August, 2020 17:40
Quote:
Faithful_City
He is not the most robust of players, brave but not robust, I have fears he will not finish the game and will be sidelined for several months.
JP

He is another player who, at 22 and a half, is borderline not young any more either. As iíve said numerous times before unless we see a rapid upwards curve in his development he wonít be good enough for us.

centrethere 30 August, 2020 20:10
Was he good enough today. Iím in DSTV land and the feeds just showed the saints harlequins game even though titled as exeter worcs

WorcesterSauce 30 August, 2020 21:36
To be fair to him, difficult to judge any of them today but he didnít stand out particularly no.

Underdog 30 August, 2020 23:30
I think you're asking a lot for a 12 to look good when the pack is so badly outmatched. I thought he looked fine. No worse than Beck who is comfortably premiership standard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net