Latest news:

S.A. Super Rugby clubs to join the Pro14
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 29 August, 2020 08:07
S.A. Super Rugby clubs to join the Pro14
Faithful_City 29 August, 2020 08:07
Quote:

South Africa’s four Super Rugby sides – the Bulls, Lions, Sharks and Stormers – are set to join Europe’s Pro14 competition by early next year.

That is the verdict from The Daily Telegraph, which revealed all four teams are looking for a competition to play in following the suspension of Super Rugby in March.

SANZAAR boss Andy Marinos has conceded the COVID-19 pandemic has effectively crushed any hope of the competition continuing in its current format.

I feel this I’d definitely on the cards

Full Article HERE

JP

Re: S.A. Super Rugby clubs to join the Pro14
WorcesterSauce 29 August, 2020 09:55
Find the threat of Covid will actually making rugbys (and particularly the southern hemispheres) obsession with cross continental Tournaments far more difficult. Super rugby spanned over 5 continents - it’s just not sustainable.

I feel going forward, if this idea comes to light, then SA will have it’s own conference and will mainly play each other, with the odd trip into europe to play other teams. Makes me glad we have the premiership though.

Re: S.A. Super Rugby clubs to join the Pro14
Fiver 30 August, 2020 20:11
I liked the quote:

A spokesperson for South Africa Rugby said they had "no knowledge of such an arrangement being planned".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net