Latest news:

Teamís Up
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 03 September, 2020 12:02
Teamís Up
Faithful_City 03 September, 2020 12:02
Quote:

Warriors | 15 Melani Nanai, 14 Tom Howe, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 12 Francois Venter, 11 Noah Heward, 10 Duncan Weir, 9 Francois Hougaard, 1 Ethan Waller, 2 Niall Annett, 3 Nick Schonert, 4 Anton Bresler, 5 Graham Kitchener, 6 Ted Hill (C), 7 Matt Kvesic, 8 Cornell du Preez.

Replacements | 16 Isaac Miller, 17 Callum Black, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Andrew Kitchener, 20 Matt Cox, 21 Gareth Simpson, 22 Billy Searle, 23 Ashley Beck.

Unavailable | Joe Batley, Conor Carey, Tom Dodd, Perry Humphreys, Sam Lewis, Marco Mama, Morgan Monks, Matt Moulds, Jamie Shillcock, GJ van Velze.

Re: Teamís Up
Faithful_City 03 September, 2020 12:07
Another tough day at the office but we are more than capable of winning on Friday evening.

JP

Faithful_City 03 September, 2020 12:09
BRISTOL

Quote:

15. Charles Piutau; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Semi Radradra, 12. Siale Piutau, 11. Henry Purdy; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Max Lahiff, 2. Bryan Byrne, 3. Kyle Sinckler, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Chris Vui, 6. Steven Luatua (c), 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Nathan Hughes.

System players: 16. Harry Thacker, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. John Afoa, 19. Joe Joyce, 20. Ben Earl, 21. Andy Uren, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Piers OíConor.

Faithful_City 03 September, 2020 12:10
That is some Bristol team!!

JP

Threepear 03 September, 2020 13:09
Why is David not playing in place of Howe? That would be my only question. Howe performs terribly everytime he puts on a shirt

Faithful_City 03 September, 2020 13:15
Rotation I would guess

Warrior7 03 September, 2020 13:32
For the most part I think it's fine giving Heward and Howe a run in the '1st team', but for this game I really would have felt better having David vs Morahan and Van Breda on the bench to cover either centre or wing, in case Howe is struggling. Heward is going to need his tackling boots on against Morahan (although in fairness he made a cracking tackle on Lasike against Quins).

Looks like Solly is rewarding bench performances which is good to see - he mentioned Miller and Cox having a good impact and they've now made the bench.

Hopefully little Kitch keeps up his good discipline from last week.

I'm thinking we should hopefully play it tight due to the recent success of the rolling maul and make sure we keep attacking possession for as long as possible. Don't want to be defending against Bristol for any length of time.

Garym 03 September, 2020 13:58
I think the bench will gain be the big difference, the Bristol one is a lot stronger than ours

shrewsburyman 03 September, 2020 14:07
For the second week in succession opponents have put out their strongest team against us. Clearly Bristol are determined to make this a 5 point game! Should be a good game and give us an idea of where we stand. According to my calculations we have possibly 5 players out who would be in the match day squad.

WarwickEastie 03 September, 2020 14:17
2 strong sides fielded.

Makes me realise how much Briz have been splashing the cash recently.....

It will be a good measure of where we are at this moment...
WE

Colonel1960 03 September, 2020 16:55
Good luck to you Warriors, we'll miss our annual trek up to Sixways, but i'm sure it will be a keen tense game whilst sat on a bar stool, or settee anyhow ... Drink up thy zider boys

w4rriorz1980 03 September, 2020 19:07
Quote:
Colonel1960
Good luck to you Warriors, we'll miss our annual trek up to Sixways, but i'm sure it will be a keen tense game whilst sat on a bar stool, or settee anyhow ... Drink up thy zider boys
Thanks Colonel1960.
Glad I was able to get to the reverse fixture & not because of the KFC outside Ashton Gate!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2020 19:09 by w4rriorz1980.

Brummagem7's 03 September, 2020 21:23
Agree with the calls for David to come in but hopefully both wingers put in a better shift. The match up in the half backs looks favourable for us, we could really dictate this game on our terms I reckon.

ROLLO 04 September, 2020 09:31
We will need to be alert with their big runners, territory will be all.
Interesting that Afoa and Lahiff are included despate that fact that last wee they signed two props as injury cover for them.
I will be happy with a LBP or TBP - or both !

Faithful_City 04 September, 2020 10:15
I know itís negative but my mind sees a loss with 14pt difference.

However my heart sees a 3 point win!

Come on boys you ďcanĒ do this.

JP

KingoftheHill 04 September, 2020 11:20
Looking forward to this one. I think we are due a win at Sixways! Too many trips up during the past years with disappointment on the drive back. If we win tonight then perhaps I should stay away in future . . .

James_P 04 September, 2020 14:32
Quote:
ROLLO
We will need to be alert with their big runners, territory will be all.
Interesting that Afoa and Lahiff are included despate that fact that last wee they signed two props as injury cover for them.
I will be happy with a LBP or TBP - or both !

We had to. Given Afoa had a calf issue, Lahiff failed an HIA and Sinckler had played the maximum allowed minutes. Hence why we ended up playing Thomas at THP against Sale when his entire professional career has been as a Loosehead.

kiddykid 04 September, 2020 16:17
I am really looking forward to tonight. Briz are coming on the back of consecutive defeats so will be desperate to win.
Our win vs Quins has to be repeated otherwise it will be devalued due to their weak first half 15. - but a win is a win.
I like the look of the team but although I am an admirer of Tom Howe going forward I am concerned that his defensive habit of coming in off the wing for someone to exploit might prove costly. Our midfield looks really good and we have Nanai who must take this opportunity to show what he can really do.
Iíll settle for four points but five will do nicely.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 18:20
How was that not a try?!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 18:28
On top in the scrum.Woolmore is no match for Nick atm.

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 18:40
Outstanding try and Nanaiís first! Very impressed so far with him Heward, Du Preez, Bresler, Venter and Dunky at the moment.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 18:41
Great try,great perseverance!

Now Woolmore a permanent replacement he needs to be targeted.He's Bristol's scrum weak link.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Simba 04 September, 2020 18:49
Barnes is doing his best for Bris tonight.
Terrible decisions at the breakdown.

Warrior7 04 September, 2020 18:49
Not sure Randall ever goes from the mark when he takes those quick taps. Very nervy game!

TrueWarrior 04 September, 2020 18:55
Unsure how the game will go due to comparative bench strength. However, what a half!

Noah Heward has been sensational. The try saver on Sink and kick for Nanai's try is far above a bloke playing his 2nd Prem game. Venter and Hougaard superb. A fantastic half of rugby. Come on Wuss

Simba 04 September, 2020 18:55
This is the worst I have ever seen Barnes ref a game.
Penalise Worcester but allow bris to get away with the same things.

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 18:55
Outstanding defence just before HT from Noah Heward up against Sinckler!! Very very impressed with the team on a whole but there are some outstanding individual performances so far.

I agree on the comments on Wayne Barnes though. Heís getting on my nerves a bit now

Bevere Warrior 04 September, 2020 19:00
Heward, Nanai and Venter the stand out players so far.
Fingers crossed we can hold our for a win.
Bristol fans must be very happy theses days. A great squad and exciting brand of rugby played.
They certainly deserve it after years of misery they endured.

James_P 04 September, 2020 19:01
Quote:
Simba
This is the worst I have ever seen Barnes ref a game.
Penalise Worcester but allow bris to get away with the same things.

Interestingly on our board the same grumbles however relating to forward passes. Very much in the balance. Your 11 looks class.

Trent_Blue 04 September, 2020 19:02
Heward clear MOTM so far for me. Felt Howe should have scored in the corner, top prem wingers always do (heís butchered a few now thinking back to Irish at home), think we can confirm bressler isnít likely to be the man to take his wing slot though.

Brummagem7's 04 September, 2020 19:03
That's better from Heward, great to see.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 19:04
Now I know why we bought Kvesic back!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 19:08
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Heward, Nanai and Venter the stand out players so far.
Fingers crossed we can hold our for a win.
Bristol fans must be very happy theses days. A great squad and exciting brand of rugby played.
They certainly deserve it after years of misery they endured.
Makes a big difference when you have a billionaire owner.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

jonesy 04 September, 2020 19:10
Barnes doing us no favours - but I bet they feel the same in Bristol
Commentator clearly not watching the game if he felt Bristol most dangerous in the first half. Feels like he is commentating on what he prepared rather than the game
Good first half from us though to be competitive with this Bristol side full of class.
Some very good performances

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 19:15
I have to see it again but Wayne said we knocked it on when Bris clearly did!! No idea what heís seeing right now.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 19:21
Double knock on.Us then Briz.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 19:30
Gifted Piutau try.

Got away with the foot in touch try!
C'mon lads!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 19:30
Unlucky Bris. Thatís try was unbelievable

fozzie66 04 September, 2020 19:34
Needed Duncan for 10 more minutes.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 19:54
Another mistake,another try.

Game in balance till benches were emptied.

Agree about Weir.Maybe he's starting v Bath.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

fozzie66 04 September, 2020 19:58
Depth exposed. Shame.

Trent_Blue 04 September, 2020 19:59
Disgraceful second half, Brizz took the big guns off in the first ten mins.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 20:03
The talent we could get with a billionaire owner.

Fair play to Briz,more clinical but the differing benches were the difference.

Think Briz started that fight.Du Preez would've sorted it out!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 20:06
Joe Joyce threw a punch @ Kitch also.Whether it was before Kitch's,I don't know.

Lucky Du Preez didn't get involved!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Brummagem7's 04 September, 2020 20:08
Game was there to be won, absolutely wilted in the second half.

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 20:12
Bris were outstanding letís not take anything away from them. Radradra...wow! That second half...speechless from us. As someone said above our depth has been completely exposed there. The reps completely f*cked that up. Never seen us lose our shape and composure so badly.

First half was a real positive, Nanai,Venter,Du Preez,Heward and Dunky were outstanding. Howe...nowhere near the team for me right now.

I just canít get over how many times we butchered our try scoring chances. The Nanai break summed it up where none was even near him in support with his full length run...ps any Nanai haters tonight or???

drifter 04 September, 2020 20:13
weak squad all together. we are not good enough in any area. no recruitment at all and the youngsters need another 2 to 3 seasons. can we survive next year? not a chance

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 20:20
We just make things look so difficult. I just canít believe how many clear opportunities we messed up. Lawrence should have easily gone over, Howe seems to be running in quick sand for his missed try in the corner, Bresler was unlucky but I feel should have scored and absolutely nobody supported Nanai with his unbelievable break from his own 22

fozzie66 04 September, 2020 20:22
At the crucial point of the game when we still had a sniff take off your 90% goal kicker

Abmatt 04 September, 2020 20:35
Bench and their backs made the difference. So much creativity, better lines. That is some centre partnership they have.

Too many lost balls in good positions. At least 3 line outs and 2 scrums. Front row was changed at the wrong time. I thing if you do it en-masse youíve given up and are giving the bench a run out.

I truly believe we could have won that, just needed a little spark from somewhere. Nanai run at the end was beautiful, apart from the end(cox?)

And as for kitch jr.......

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 20:43
Yea Coxy got the ball ripped.

WorcesterSauce 04 September, 2020 21:08
As iíve been saying since the appointment was made, we will not go anywhere (significantly) with AS in charge. It seems now some may be eventually cottoning on to the fact that 1 win in 9 is actually not very good, regardless of the circumstances.

Bevere Warrior 04 September, 2020 21:28
Radradra was going last Lawrence like he was a matador. Our defence looked petrified every time he had the ball.
Congratulations to Bristol, a very strong showing.
As aforementioned, the strength of bench was clearly the difference. They had the luxury of bringing quality players like Afoa, Lloyd and Earle on.

Nanai hopefully proved some doubters wrong, Heward looked very promising and yet again Howe showed that he is not quite up to it (IMHO).

robtheh 04 September, 2020 21:34
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Joe Joyce threw a punch @ Kitch also.Whether it was before Kitch's,I don't know.
Lucky Du Preez didn't get involved!

Youíre the most bitter person Iíve seen online in a really long time.

Brummagem7's 04 September, 2020 21:40
This is probably the best opportunity the club are going to get to give minutes to the youngsters and to be fair, even if it was just a couple of academy lads who break through and play week in week out next season because of the rotation we're seeing then I honestly think it's been worth taking the losses.

Brummagem7's 04 September, 2020 21:43
Won't judge until next season, hopefully we do climb the table and carry on blooding youngsters, it's easy to do so when there's no relegation and you're forced to rotate.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 21:44
Quote:
Brummagem7's
This is probably the best opportunity the club are going to get to give minutes to the youngsters and to be fair, even if it was just a couple of academy lads who break through and play week in week out next season because of the rotation we're seeing then I honestly think it's been worth taking the losses.
Very true Brummagem.As I said earlier,the new season is the real marker.A lot will be learnt from this " pre-season. "

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Warrior7 05 September, 2020 11:55
ll in all pretty disappointed with that 2nd half. We seriously lacked physicality compared to when we played Briz in January time. It's another one for Omar vs JT. Although I think Hughes should take a lot of responsibility for both wins against us this season IMO - I'm not sure we've ever beaten a team with him in it? Always seem to struggle against that level of size.

Lawrence must be injured? He seemed to be shying away from the contact a lot. Howe isn't up to this level IMO, but Heward certainly staked his claim on being the next great academy graduate. What a game from him, punching (sorry) well above his weight! Duncy also seemed very up for it.

[www.ultimaterugby.com]

Also w4rriorz1980, I think I found what you were referring to in this video at 2:45 to 2:49, with the punch on Kitch. Not sticking up for his actions obviously, no need for that, but there may be some ramifications in the Briz side too.

Colonel1960 06 September, 2020 14:55
[quote Warrior7]ll in all pretty disappointed with that 2nd half. We seriously lacked physicality compared to when we played Briz in January time. It's another one for Omar vs JT. Although I think Hughes should take a lot of responsibility for both wins against us this season IMO - I'm not sure we've ever beaten a team with him in it? Always seem to struggle against that level of size.

Lawrence must be injured? He seemed to be shying away from the contact a lot. Howe isn't up to this level IMO, but Heward certainly staked his claim on being the next great academy graduate. What a game from him, punching (sorry) well above his weight! Duncy also seemed very up for it.

[www.ultimaterugby.com]

Also w4rriorz1980, I think I found what you were referring to in this video at 2:45 to 2:49, with the punch on Kitch. Not sticking up for his actions obviously, no need for that, but there may be some ramifications in the Briz side too.[/quote]

Also w4rriorz1980, I think I found what you were referring to in this video at 2:45 to 2:49, with the punch on Kitch. Not sticking up for his actions obviously, no need for that, but there may be some ramifications in the Briz side too.[/quote]

If you think that was a punch, i'd like to know how you saw it, because firstly, any contact was hidden by a player in view, and secondly, he had hold of your thugs collar...
Still, you judge away, it's clear who had the problem in that skirmish, firstly your captain, and secondly, the guy who clearly is a hot-head that just wanted a skirmish...

WorcesterSauce 06 September, 2020 15:28
Blind or on a wind up.

Warrior7 06 September, 2020 15:49
Colonel1960, if you can't see the impact on Kitcheners face/head during that time then you must have unbelievably selective vision. I already stated there was no excuse for Kitchener's actions, so you could try also being less selective with your reading too?

Whispering_Death 06 September, 2020 17:01
Yep clearly after one mistake heís a hot head and a thug. Idiot

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net