Latest news:

Bristol game
Discussion started by centrethere , 04 September, 2020 20:08
Bristol game
centrethere 04 September, 2020 20:08
Andrew Kitchener - so now not just a load of penalties but a red card as well. What's he doing? Living in the past with his brother(s)?

Re: Bristol game
Simba 04 September, 2020 20:12
Hardly surprising after the way Barnes reffed that game.

AJWarriors1 04 September, 2020 20:13
To say he lives on the edge is an understatement, but tonight...speechless

ROLLO 04 September, 2020 20:24
He deserves a long ban and with answering Barnes back will get one. Stupid, it does nothing for our reputaion with two red cards in 5 games.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 20:32
Barne's poor game had nothing to do with the punch but i get your point but did you notice Joe Joyce punching Kitch 1st?

The benches were the difference.Our scrum was dominant till they were replaced.Nick absolutely destroyed Woolmore.

@ least a couple of their tries were terrible mistakes by us.

Breslers's "try" imho should've stood but Barnes was right about Howe's.

Weir came off too early but maybe he's starting v Bath.

If this wasn't a "pre-season" as Solly stated this result may have been different,meaning we could've kept our 1st choice on longer! Next season will be more of a marker.

As good as Briz were in large spells we were the architects of our own downfall in most parts of the game which is why the Premiership is Chiefs to lose imho.

Briz,Sale,Wasps will make up the playoffs,I think but Chiefs are streets ahead of these three but i do think it could be a Briz v Chiefs final.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

shrewsburyman 04 September, 2020 20:43
Yes Bristol are a good team and they put us under a great deal of pressure but I was disappointed over the number of balls lost in contact, that we turned over and scrums and lineouts lost.

w4rriorz1980 04 September, 2020 20:49
Quote:
shrewsburyman
Yes Bristol are a good team and they put us under a great deal of pressure but I was disappointed over the number of balls lost in contact, that we turned over and scrums and lineouts lost.
Like i said in my comment,architects of our own downfall.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

memnoch 04 September, 2020 20:55
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Barne's poor game had nothing to do with the punch but i get your point but did you notice Joe Joyce punching Kitch 1st?

You seem to be the only person to have seen this.

The video I have seen clearly shows Kitchener throwing the first punch.

Whispering_Death 04 September, 2020 21:05
Who threw the first punch is irrelevant. It looked to me like they both threw punches. He deserved red and his reaction was terrible. Almost as terrible as the TMO saying Ď I believe he was in touchí. I thought the TMO needed evidence to overrule the infield decision, not a Ďbeliefí. I thought we looked good in small patches but generally we were soft, we had no physicality at all, our attack play is lacking any sort of structure and creativity, and our passing and handling was awful.

mat1 04 September, 2020 21:13
Strange I thought 2 players needed to go but sialle wasn't one of them your captain however....

kiddykid 04 September, 2020 22:41
Not for the first time I think that as a team we are comparatively physically small. At times it allows us to be quicker, but, as the game goes on larger, heavier players constantly tackling and hammering you takes itís toll. Not for the first time we fall away in the second half and concede tackles and points.
Especially in the first half Bristolís tackling was so quick giving us little chance to get any rhythm - it didnít change in the second half. Losing the ball at the base of our scrum is unforgivable , dropping / knocking on happens but tonight (especially in the second half) we just made it more difficult for ourselves by doing it too often.
Du Preez, Kvesic, Kitchener G and Schonert played well but I think in time they/we were simply overwhelmed.
We need some big ball carriers - and plenty of them. We have to compete.

Offa 04 September, 2020 23:14
The better team one. Briz are playing good rugby.
Scoreline could have been closer, we had two near tries chalked off (correctly), they had one near try chalked off (also correctly) and had one lucky score following some kick pin-ball. So all in all it could have been closer, but no complaints from me about the result or the reffing.

Radradra is going to run many teams ragged. Thought Briz were good to watch.

Positives for us: Kev was really good, Noah is settling in well and looked already so much better than his first game. I still think that we could trouble some teams next season.

Little Kitch - was very impressed with his Endeavour until he lost his head. Will rightly get a lengthy ban. Don't know what S Piatau did to rile Ted, but assume that there was something as Ted doesn't strike me as at all hot- headed.

Faithful_City 05 September, 2020 10:04
2 disappointments last night for me

1. Ollie Lawrence, dreadful defence and absent for most of the night. Venter got involved and so did Beck when he came on. Time to give venter/Beck pairing a run out.

2. Total lack of competing for the ball at the ruck giving Bristol a free ball as soon as ruck is called. No excuse stating new rules, the coaches and players have to find a way, to just step back is admitting failure. Really disappointed with the coaching here.

Oh yes I forgot, hands are for catching and keeping hold of the ball. Some really good moves ruined by handling.

JP

Offa 05 September, 2020 12:21
Ollie has bags of talent and will improve. Radrandra will make many top players look like fools. He reminds me a bit of Caucau.Let's not forget, in all the (well deserved) excitement about Ollie, that FV is real class and was our best player last season (along with Sam L).

Shout out for Melani too who looked good in defence and will trouble many defences too.

mat1 05 September, 2020 22:44
So 1st attempt at a punch was hill started it all off .....

Fiver 06 September, 2020 08:24
Early kick off caught me out again, might watch the game back on the prem website, but probably not.

The only positive I saw in the last 15 minutes was Nanai in attack. I think he may well be the new Bryce Heem, and that is very high praise indeed.

As for Kitch, some growing up needed there I fear. You just cannot argue with a referee. Never. Ever. I've no doubt he is very well aware of that by now and will learn from it.

Having been fairly confident about our depth early in the season, I'm now worrying about our front five. The 1st five are top notch, it's the 2nd five I worry about, although not the hookers. Props and locks need to beef up, tone up and front up a bit more if they are to compete in this competition.

Offa 06 September, 2020 08:47
Agree Fiver.
Think everyone was hoping that Batley may provide some depth.
We have some strong players out injured, but sadly injuries are a fact of rugby and we are going to look very exposed as soon as Sharkey or Ethan pick up a niggle.

NW2 06 September, 2020 14:00
Have no problem with the red card but the Bristol player definitely threw the first punch whilst both players were still on their feet. However it was a poor effort which missed the mark, hence he got away with it. Had it connected it may have been different.
It didnít cost us the game, our poor handling did that IMO.

WarwickEastie 08 September, 2020 11:14
Very disappointing 2nd half.
Briz looked snappy and up for it - high pressure in defence and willing to tap and go and speed things up.
Not doing the basics (dropped passes, knock ons, lineouts etc) is worrying and can be fixed on the training field.
I worry that we simply lack the depth of squad needed to compete in the Prem.

kiddykid 09 September, 2020 08:01
Last night I watched a brilliant display by Briz playing Saints, and suddenly our defeat doesnít seem quite so bad.
Also, since the re-start we are placed higher than the Saints. Perspective - but still worrying for Warriors.

w4rriorz1980 09 September, 2020 08:04
Was a weakened Saints but stronger than what we managed to put out.

Still think it's Chiefs Premiership to lose.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Threepear 09 September, 2020 09:02
Bristol were completely dominant last night, another cracking watch. Seeing the ease with which they cut through saints I'm not quite so peeved about our loss.

Faithful_City 09 September, 2020 09:45
Bristol are a very good team

J

Whispering_Death 09 September, 2020 10:57
They are but was another mismatch in terms of the quality of the selections. Saints defence was woeful. I agree Exeter are on another level to everyone else, but in a one off game in a final who knows. I canít wait for next season personally. The prem is being devalued at the moment. I completely understand why but itís not good viewing in my opinion.

Garym 09 September, 2020 10:57
If you want to cheer yourselves up, go and read the Saints site. They want Boyd gone and see themselves as relegation favourites next year!

Abmatt 09 September, 2020 11:11
Can anyone thing of a match played yet since the resumption that has featured 2 balanced sides. I canít.

Warrior7 09 September, 2020 11:20
Off the top of my head:

I think most of the opening weekend was
Exeter 2nds vs Briz was a great game to watch
Leicester vs LI was balanced
Bath vs Wasps
Exeter 2nds vs Northampton

Abmatt 09 September, 2020 11:46
I suppose the point I am trying to make is that other than the opening weekend, all remaining games have seen sides put out, not because theyíre the best, but down to mins played with specific matches being targeted.

Kind of ruined the competition imho.

Abmatt 09 September, 2020 11:46
I suppose the point I am trying to make is that other than the opening weekend, all remaining games have seen sides put out, not because theyíre the best, but down to mins played with specific matches being targeted.

Kind of ruined the competition imho.

Warrior7 09 September, 2020 12:10
True, there haven't been as many close games for sure.

It's been good to see the academy players development televised, though. Monday night games are good, but we are essentially getting them televised at the moment - with higher levels of intensity.

I've enjoyed seeing all of our players play, as opposed to just the first team squad that seems to get picked almost every week in a normal season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net