Latest news:

Team selection for Wednesday
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 07 September, 2020 08:12
Team selection for Wednesday
Faithful_City 07 September, 2020 08:12
Starting to get difficult now with injuries and availabilities. I suspect we will save our best 23 for Sunday and London Irish.

15. Pennell
14. David
13. Lawrence
12. Butler
11. Hearle

10. Searle
09. Heaney

01. Morris
02. Millar
03. Holsey
04. Scott
05. Clegg
06. Montgomery
07. Lewis
08. Cox

16. Beck if fit or who ???
17. Carey
18. Palframan
19. ???
20. Monks
21. Kitto
22. SVB
23. Morris

We are running short of players good enough or fit enough to play in the premiership.

JP

Re: Team selection for Wednesday
ROLLO 07 September, 2020 09:01
JP think you have got the props reversed.
As you say not too much choice . Don't think Lawrence will play here are the changes to what I had in mind.
13 SVB or Morris
7. Willimams
8 Dodd
Subs:
Palffeyman and Carey are both Tightheads so Black on bench , Carey is out for the season as well.
Morris/SVB
If not Batley then dont know who
Cox
Cutting.

Fiver 07 September, 2020 13:51
I'd like to see Kitto start over Heaney, if nothing else to see him get more than a cameo at the end of a game. Also, I think Kitto understands the game well and is more vocal to his team, which should support the younger players better.

Lock is obviously a real problem now, can't see Kitch getting anything overturned even though the reply I saw he seemed to miss (slight glance) and punch the ground twice. The intent was there even if the connection wasn't too special, plus gobbing off to Barnsey....

I know we have to use the younger lads, but I'd rather see some older heads in there to guide them and help make them premiership players. An all academy (or recently promoted) front row worries me.

Warrior7 07 September, 2020 14:26
1. Owen
2. Beck
3. Palframan
4. Scott
5. Clegg
6. Montgomery
7. Lewis
8. Williams

9. Kitto
10. Searle
11. David
12. Butler (C)
13. Morris
14. Fidow
15. Pennell

16. Miller
17. Black
18. Morris
19. Dodd
20. Cox
21. Simpson
22. Van Breda
23. Hearle

If Lewis is fit then we could see Williams at 8 - he didn't look out of place there against Exeter when he came on.
Lawrence looked like he had a dodgy shoulder against Briz so may explain his poor performance - if so I expect to see Beck rested for LI.
Adjusted after the press release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 15:46 by Warrior7.

MSR-Worcester 07 September, 2020 16:00
Back of our minds has to LI on Sunday. Think we will see a completely different starting 15 with injuries necessitating some players who were on the bench last Friday starting (and vice versa).

I've assumed Lewis, Fidow, Owen, Mama and Monks all return from injury. A.Kitch will definitely be banned. Don't expect Dodd, Shilly or Humphreys to return yet.

Team for Bath (Wed) / London Irish (Sun)

1. Black / Waller
2. Miller / Annett
3. Morris / Schonert
4. Clegg / Bresler
5. Scott / G.Kitchener
6. Montgomery / Hill (c)
7. Lewis / Kvesic
8. Cox / du Preez

9. Kitto / Hougaard
10. Searle / Weir
11. Fidow / Heward
12. Butler (c) / Venter
13. Beck / Lawrence
14. David / Howe
15. Pennell / Nanai

16. Cutting / Cutting
17. Holsey / Owen
18. Palframan / Palframan
19. Monks / Scott
20. Williams / Mama
21. Heaney / Simpson
22. van Breda / Searle
23. Morris / Beck

AJWarriors1 07 September, 2020 16:13
Id go along with that MSR. Only change Id make is Clegg for Scott on the bench and give Fidow some much needed game time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net