Latest news:

Teams Up
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 08 September, 2020 12:46
Teams Up
Faithful_City 08 September, 2020 12:46
The team for tomorrow:

Warriors | 15 Chris Pennell, 14 Nick David, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 12 Will Butler (C), 11 Ed Fidow, 10 Billy Searle, 9 Jono Kitto, 1 Callum Black, 2 Beck Cutting, 3 Richard Palframan, 4 Justin Clegg, 5 James Scott, 6 Matt Cox, 7 Sam Lewis, 8 Tom Dodd.

Replacements | 16 Isaac Miller, 17 Kai Owen, 18 Joe Morris, 19 Ted Hill, 20 Matti Williams, 21 Gareth Simpson, 22 Scott van Breda, 23 Alex Hearle.

Unavailable | Joe Batley, Conor Carey, Perry Humphreys, Andrew Kitchener, Marco Mama, Morgan Monks, Matt Moulds, Jamie Shillcock, GJ van Velze.

Re: Teams Up
shrewsburyman 08 September, 2020 12:47
Sorry JP just delete mine!

Faithful_City 08 September, 2020 12:50
No problem SM

I see just as I suspected Lawrence plays as he was clearly off the pace against Bristol.

The best Center pairing for next week Venter/Beck

JP

WestLondonWarrior 08 September, 2020 12:52
Excited to see how Butler and Lawrence link up in midfield

Faithful_City 08 September, 2020 13:09
Yes agreed, they are the future pairing.

JP

AJWarriors1 08 September, 2020 13:17
Love that back line. I would have l liked to have seen how Nanai would have got on in there too. Glad Fidow is finally fit and playing but as above..canít wait to see the Butler/Lawrence partnership.

Delighted for Kai but the forwards look a bit light weight to me. Hopefully theyíll give the backs some sort of platform though

WarwickEastie 08 September, 2020 13:36
Bath side has a smattering of youth and experience but the bench looks powerful.
Bath | 15 Tom de Glanville, 14 Semesa Rokoduguni, 13 Max Clark, 12 Cameron Redpath, 11 Gabriel Hamer-Webb, 10 Josh Matavesi, 9 Will Chudley, 1 Lewis Boyce, 2 Jack Walker, 3 Christian Judge, 4 Josh McNally (C), 5 Elliott Stooke, 6 Tom Ellis, 7 Miles Reid, 8 Zach Mercer.

Replacements | 16 Ross Batty, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 Kieran Verden, 19 Mike Williams, 20 Sam Underhill, 21 Max Green, 22 Orlando Bailey, 23 Jonathan Joseph

WarwickEastie 08 September, 2020 13:38
My hopes aren't high after recent performances, but I'd just like the forwards to get enough ball for the backs to have a crack at the Bath backs.

Faithful_City 08 September, 2020 13:41
I feel, Fidow will get 40 mins and the rest for Sunday, if he does OK

This then would give me the best back 7, against Irish

Nanai
Howe
Beck
Venter
Fidow

Weir
Hougaard

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 13:43 by Faithful_City.

ROLLO 08 September, 2020 14:21
No Montgomery, does this mean that he will start against LI ?

shrewsburyman 08 September, 2020 14:57
He played well last time and I rate him but still surprised that he hasnít featured.

Faithful_City 08 September, 2020 15:30
Quote:
ROLLO
No Montgomery, does this mean that he will start against LI ?

Probably with Ted Hill moving into lock

JP

Warrior7 08 September, 2020 15:32
JP if Fidow comes off early to play against LI at the weekend then I would be surprised if it wasn't Howe that made way for him - be silly to drop Heward after such a good game last week.

Interesting with Beck and Montgomery - can see why Beck is being used for the weekend as Lawrence was a passenger against Bristol. Also think Lawrence will be better outside a distributor rather than a carrying 12 like Venter and Butler will have more time with a more aggressive carrier outside him. Likewise Beck will play off Venter's physicality at the weekend.
Maybe Montgomery is being given a chance to be part of the first team pack to see what he can do?

As said earlier, hope this pack provides a good platform as those backs could do some damage. Having Ted in at replacement lock makes sense - maybe he's being given a chance to blow off a bit of steam after Friday, or it's practice for having to cover there against LI maybe?

Good to see Cox and Kitto getting starts as well.

AJWarriors1 08 September, 2020 16:03
I agree in regards to playing Fidow instead of Howe

Brummagem7's 08 September, 2020 18:14
Decent back three that, good to see Fidow playing. Great opportunity for Butler here, hopefully Lawrence does him a favour and puts in a better performance than last time out. Looking for Searle to build on what he's shown us so far, early days but seen enough to be optimistic.

ROLLO 08 September, 2020 18:48
It says something when Bath can have Joseph an Underhill on the bench. Unless the front five can provide a platform we are gong to have a very long night.

WarwickEastie 09 September, 2020 14:21
Rollo - agreed.
I suspect that when the benches empty, the match will swing Bath's way if it hasn't already!

Fiver 09 September, 2020 14:24
I'm wondering if Bath's bench are purely there in case of injuries. I could see it worth bringing the stars on if it's tight and Bath are losing, but what about if we are 20 points up at half time? Would it be worth risking those players, or accept their fate and look forward to the next game?

Btw, I know it's unlikely we'll be 20 points up and half time, and given our recent second half form 20 points isn't that hard to overturn.

w4rriorz1980 09 September, 2020 20:03
Monye anti Worcester yet again.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Trent_Blue 09 September, 2020 20:32
3 bath players latched together before they even pick and go every time. Surely world rugby need to have a look at it, bath copying the Exeter model of boring the fans the death.

Brummagem7's 09 September, 2020 20:39
How many games have we had featured on bt sport? Excluding the current coverage we're getting on the extra channels, I swear this is only our third game. Considering they have 2 or 3 games on every weekend that's pretty abysmal.

Abmatt 09 September, 2020 20:40
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Monye anti Worcester yet again.

He always is. I just use my selective hearing when he speaks.

Normally reserved for the better half.

Abmatt 09 September, 2020 20:41
Quote:
Brummagem7's
How many games have we had featured on bt sport? Excluding the current coverage we're getting on the extra channels, I swear this is only our third game. Considering they have 2 or 3 games on every weekend that's pretty abysmal.

Which is why I wonít take out a contract with them. I hope the tv revenue is evenly distributed because the coverage certainly isnít.

Abmatt 09 September, 2020 21:02
Have we forgotten how to catch?

Warrior7 09 September, 2020 21:05
The quality of defence in the last 5 minutes has been s***. It's like we've given up? Up until then we looked like we were trying atleast!

Also high balls have been a massive issue.

WestLondonWarrior 09 September, 2020 21:11
Wonder if SVB fancies taking a high ball at any point this evening

fozzie66 09 September, 2020 21:16
Itís 40-0 in reality. 60 minutes. Canít wait to see how ďpositiveĒ this is for the squad in reality.

w4rriorz1980 09 September, 2020 21:16
What a shower of s**t.

How many soft tries do we want to concede?

Commentators summed it up perfectly.We're treating this match & other matches like a pre-season.Bath are going for top 4.

The difference in experience in each 23 is quite telling.It has contributed a lot to our loss.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980 09 September, 2020 21:20
A sidenote.

Is it me or does Bath's Miles Reid not look well?

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Threepear 09 September, 2020 21:21
This is so painful to watch. We are absolutely woeful. I've managed to find a few positive in recent weeks, but this is an excusable level of rugby

Warrior7 09 September, 2020 21:22
Also aren't the new rules at the breakdown supposed to be about targeting the ball? Bath have been targeting the player all game, not ball.

Genuine question

WestLondonWarrior 09 September, 2020 21:31
Very few positives but I think Fidow and Lawrence looked dangerous when they actually got the ball

w4rriorz1980 09 September, 2020 21:41
With our full team out it may have been different.

Despite the score Bath imho didn't set the world alight.We were awful in every facet of the game.They just fed off our countless mistakes.

The scoreline flattered Bath a little I feel cus we just kept giving gifts.

Angry.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

fozzie66 09 September, 2020 21:45
Quote:
WestLondonWarrior
Very few positives but I think Fidow and Lawrence looked dangerous when they actually got the ball
Fidow good with ball in hand. Everything else........er........nah!

w4rriorz1980 09 September, 2020 21:54
Congratulations to Bath though.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net