Solly on the Kitchener Ban Incident
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 10 September, 2020 17:57
Solly on the Kitchener Ban Incident
Faithful_City 10 September, 2020 17:57

Make up your own mind

JP

Re: Solly on the Kitchener Ban Incident
Fiver 10 September, 2020 20:57
Isn't Solly a lawyer by trade? Thought I saw that somewhere. As such, he knows no to upset the powers that be.

I thought he spoke very well about Kitch, backup up his man but didn't try to sugar coat anything. Medicine taken and move on.

Whispering_Death 11 September, 2020 06:40
Yep I thought Lamís comments were pathetic. Piatau clearly started the whole thing and threw a punch. If anyone there had the right to defend himself it was Ted. And he seems to be suggesting if someone punches you it should be ok to punch back in defence and not get penalised. To me thatís just asking for mass brawls.

ROLLO 11 September, 2020 10:35
Piatau's appeal has been dsimissed as was inevitable. All Bristol have done is make a bigger target on their backs for the Salary Cap Manager.

Old Col 11 September, 2020 11:09
Lam's comments on TV were absolutely shameful .How was he (poor him )going to explain an injury that did not exist to to the wife and child of the uninjured person he named ?Then to effecdtively plant a smear against a young player that might stick for a long time . All in the name of a minor scuffle where he might just possibly have got his facts wrong .Solly's comments are exactly right and I hope Andrew's morale is not damaged and he treats Lam's with the contempt they deserve.
Contrast Worcester's ( and for that matter Saracfens )response to MIcharl Fatiola's injury-impeccable. How is he by the way?

Faithful_City 11 September, 2020 11:14
I believe he and Tatiana have been away on a holiday.

I have no other information, I think it would be good for the club to update us, we care.

JP

KingoftheHill 11 September, 2020 11:17
I also hope that poor Andrew's morale is not damaged and he is again able to peer through the red mist and ensure that those punches all land

KingoftheHill 11 September, 2020 11:29
Quote:
Whispering_Death
Yep I thought Lamís comments were pathetic. Piatau clearly started the whole thing and threw a punch. If anyone there had the right to defend himself it was Ted. And he seems to be suggesting if someone punches you it should be ok to punch back in defence and not get penalised. To me thatís just asking for mass brawls.

Andy yet your DoR states that Kitchener threw the first punch! And in English Law, yes it is justifiable to use reasonable force in the act of self defence . .

ROLLO 11 September, 2020 11:33
Isn't it time to let this go. Saile has had a goat getting the decison overturned, it wasn't the result stands lets move on. No blood was splilt litereally ! Handbags.

Faithful_City 11 September, 2020 11:34
He also said it wasn't self defence it was retaliation which is totally different and just as culpable

JP

Faithful_City 11 September, 2020 11:35
Don't spoil the fun Rollo(Sm128)

Need some light relief in these dark days

JP

ROLLO 11 September, 2020 11:37
It is now very tedious and more about posters wanting to prove they are right than the iincident , which was handbags.

KingoftheHill 11 September, 2020 11:39
He said retaliation, others say self defence. Fact remains that Kitchener threw first punch after seeking Siale out who was retreating from the first instance (in which no punches were throw - listen to your DoR). Break the instances apart - first one could result in a pen to Worc for Siales goading of Hill . . . second instance invoked by Kitchener.

BTW - nice that your DoR neglected to mention that nice boy Andrew verbally abused Barnes when given the red

Abmatt 11 September, 2020 11:44
Quote:
KingoftheHill
Quote:
Whispering_Death

Andy yet your DoR states that Kitchener threw the first punch! And in English Law, yes it is justifiable to use reasonable force in the act of self defence . .

Ii suggest you watch the video and Solomons response again. Piatau grabbed AK first, instigating the incident, so if you try and apply the law of your inherent right to self defence AK could argue that he felt threatened and acted accordingly to get out of the situation.

You can try and twist facts and argue it all you want. Both players were stupid and got the bans that they deserve. Let it go and move on.

4934 11 September, 2020 12:54
Let it go. The score line says enough.

Simba 11 September, 2020 12:56
Quote:
Let it go. The score line says enough.

Indeed, money talks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net