Latest news:

Discussion: Covid, Premiership Rugby and "The Warriors"
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 25 September, 2020 08:19
Discussion: Covid, Premiership Rugby and "The Warriors"
Faithful_City 25 September, 2020 08:19
Feel free to submit your fears and thoughts.

JP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2020 08:57 by Faithful_City.

Re: Discussion: Covid, Premiership Rugby and "The Warriors"
Abmatt 25 September, 2020 20:22
I think we could be up a certain creek without a paddle, along with a few other clubs.

Clubs need to get people through the gates (buying match day tickets, not just ST holders) to generate some income.

shrewsburyman 26 September, 2020 08:50
Clearly we are one of the most vulnerable but a sufficient number of clubs could go under to mean that the Premiership as it is at the moment would not be viable. Whether a sufficient number would survive across the British Isles is another matter. If the virus does continue for another six months without a vaccine then some form of financial assistance is required to state the obvious.

NW2 26 September, 2020 09:12
I honestly canít see rugby surviving in itís current format. Some clubs will inevitably go bust without financial help as this virus will be with us for some time. I just donít think rugby features too highly in the government's thinking, especially when you consider that they donít think it important enough to protect and keep on free-to-air tv.

Old Col 26 September, 2020 10:55
The critical things needed for the Premiership to survive are 1) Players have to play! A year without proper playing time and regular matches would be athletic death to many . 2) Enough clubs would need to have enough cash to burn to pay all the bills without income to be able to keep the basic structure mothballed .3)why a year ?does anyone seriously think this situation with Covid will be over by then ? Longer term planning is urgent and I cannot see much sign of it yet . 4) Injuries and boring tactics need to be reduced and eliminated to help revive interest if it has flagged.No more than 4 box kicks a game for a start ! But I do remain hopeful for Worcester if our owners are canny enough with our assets.

Offa 27 September, 2020 06:43
If there are going to be no crowds for at least 6 months, is there any mileage in delaying the start of next season?
I am no good at business and have no idea, just pondering and would be grateful to hear views from others.

Abmatt 27 September, 2020 07:16
It may hasten the alignment of seasons, which was Beaumontís vision.

Faithful_City 27 September, 2020 07:48
Offa makes total sense to me.

But maybe BT Sport will get more App and BT TV sales if you can only see the game on TV and they are paying £millions for the rights to do so.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net