Latest news:

The Teams
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 06 October, 2020 12:13
The Teams
Faithful_City 06 October, 2020 12:13
Quote:

The teams:

Sale Sharks:
15 Luke James, 14 Denny Solomona, 13 Sam James, 12 Sam Hill, 11 Marland Yarde, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Will Cliff, 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Tom Curry, 6 Jono Ross (c), 5 Jean-Luc du Preez, 4 Matt Postlethwaite, 3 Valerey Morozov, 2 Cameron Neild, 1 Ross Harrison

Replacements:
16 Ewan Ashman, 17 Cal Ford, 18 Joe Jones, 19 Ewan Murphy, 20 Sam Dugdale, 21 Joe Bedlow, 22 Tom Curtis, 23 Connor Doherty

Worcester Warriors:
15 Chris Pennell, 14 Melani Nanai, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 12 Scott van Breda, 11 Noah Heward, 10 Billy Searle, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Marco Mama, 7 Sam Lewis, 6 Ted Hill (c), 5 Andrew Kitchener, 4 Anton Bresler, 3 Richard Palframan, 2 Beck Cutting, 1 Ethan Waller

Replacements:
16 Niall Annett, 17 Callum Black, 18 Joe Morris, 19 Joe Batley 20 Matti Williams, 21 Tom Dodd, 22 Gareth Simpson, 23 Jamie Shillcock

So they are all cured now that is virtually their 1st XV

JP

Re: The Teams
Faithful_City 06 October, 2020 12:15
Quote:
Dorset Boy

12 of the 23 Sale have named for Wednesday were also in the matchday 23 for the match they played against Saints.

This is a damn shambles, Saints have to give up their game because they played against Sale players but the same players can now play against us???

JP

Fiver 06 October, 2020 13:26
I thought Sale said the players were in different bubbles, clearly not considering this selection.

Abmatt 06 October, 2020 13:40
The plot thickens

Sheldon 06 October, 2020 15:20
I wonder whether they have simply named the side they would like to field before removing those that test positive.

Does anyone know when the test results are likely to be made available ?

Having said all that I thought that players had to self isolate for 10 days after positive tests and those in contact for 14 days.

This does all seem a trifle odd. I have no doubt the authorities will come to the right and sensible conclusion ( I really do hope they do !!!)

Fiver 06 October, 2020 16:30
Sheldon, I was thinking the same about the 10 days of self isolation. If those $ale players had followed what has now become law in this country, that means they've not left their houses for 10 days. That means they've not trained for 10 days.

.... or have they?

Seeing as though the 10 days isolation is law, and not guidance, would the club also be liable if they'd asked those players to leave their self isolation to come to training? Obviously, I'm only guessing as to any law being broken.

Jim O't 06 October, 2020 18:15
Disclaimer on sharks website:
*Subject to Sale Sharks entire squad undergoing further COVID 19 testing on Tuesday 6th October, If the club feel it is not safe to play or receive one additional positive test, Sale Sharks will forfeit their Gallagher Premiership Round 22 match with Worcester Warriors in order to ensure the health and safety of all concerned.

Drahm for England 06 October, 2020 19:01
I wonder when Warriors are due to leave tomorrow and what time these test results will be available?

More brinksmanship by Sale, it appears.

Brummagem7's 06 October, 2020 19:09
Very suspect from Sale....

Aside from that it's good to see Cutting in again, he's still raw but he's always showing for the ball which is a trait you can't begrudge. Searle was very solid last time out, hopefully he can build on that if this game goes ahead (it really shouldn't).

Faithful_City 06 October, 2020 19:09
Gyres trying to force our hand so they get 5pts

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net