Latest news:

Sale: another "7" positive COVID infections
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 07 October, 2020 07:09
Sale: another "7" positive COVID infections
Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 07:09
Reported in the Telegraph and Mail

Game could finally be forfeited

JP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2020 09:45 by Faithful_City.

Re: Sale: another positive
Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 07:30
Come on Sale let’s have a decision our team has to start preparing to travel soon.

They could be getting a lie in.

JP

Re: Sale: another positive COVID infection
Gray_Lensman 07 October, 2020 08:05
Hands up anyone surprised at further positive tests?

PMB 07 October, 2020 08:51
Hands up anyone surprised at the lack of decision from RFU/PRL?

kiddykid 07 October, 2020 08:54
I have both my hands up !

Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 08:56
You're surprised KK?

JP

Barney Warrior 07 October, 2020 09:12
If game does go ahead, is the players insurance still ok as they will be playing against players who have been in contact with COVID-19 and should be self isolating.
Insurance companies will always view any loopholes if a big payout was required.

TVM Rides Again 07 October, 2020 09:19
Absolutely - it is an industry based on avoiding paying out.

It's why it blows my mind that anyone with a vote would favour an American style healthcare system.

But thats another discussion smiling smiley

Villages12 07 October, 2020 09:33
According to a report on Rugby Addict App. The game was set to be cancelled by Sale Supposedly reported by Ruck. It says that this is after a further round of testing. The report quotes the Mail Online as the source.

Heading says : Sale Sharks play-off hopes finally over.

Anyone else seen anything .

Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 09:37
Not yet

TRIXTA 07 October, 2020 09:41
Now on BBC web-site

Re: Sale: another "7" positive COVID infections
Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 09:46
Quote:
The Guardian

Sale’s hastily rearranged Wednesday Premiership match against Worcester has been scrapped after a further seven positive Covid-19 tests were recorded among the Sharks’ squad.

The Sunday fixture had been postponed because of an outbreak of cases – including 16 players – at Sale but the north-west club have been forced to cancel the crucial game after a subsequent round of testing revealed the outbreak has worsened.

Piers Francis withdraws from England squad after positive Covid-19 test
Read more
The decision comes as a significant setback for Steve Diamond’s side. Sale needed to avoid defeat in order to qualify for this weekend’s Premiership play-offs. The forfeit now sees Bath qualify for the post-season series instead.

Sale’s entire squad was re-tested on Tuesday with the club saying they would forfeit the fixture if they record one more positive test. Their opponents Worcester were unhappy about moving the match, pointing to “a number of Covid-related health and safety matters have yet to be resolved”.

The fallout from Sale’s outbreak also meant Northampton’s match at Gloucester was cancelled because some Saints players were required to self-isolate, having come into contact with the Sale squad last week.

That's it our season is all over and the right outcome.

JP

jonesy 07 October, 2020 09:47
BBC reporting 6 further positive cases
How this has got to the day of the game before calling it off I will never understand.
And how people packing down with players testing positive are not considered to be in close enough contact to need to quarantine is another source of wonder

Villages12 07 October, 2020 09:49
Statement now on Sale website. It’s off.

Old Col 07 October, 2020 10:01
How reckless was it for Sale to have offerred to play last Sunday ?

AJWarriors1 07 October, 2020 10:27
That’s what angers me the most. Imagine the outcome if that game had gone ahead, because they thought they had a team of fit players. I just can’t get my head with the thinking behind it. Talk about irresponsible

Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 11:00
Selfish in the extreme.

"My glory is far more important than the health of my players and anyone else"

As WD said earlier, "@#$%& happens - deal with it".

JP

shrewsburyman 07 October, 2020 11:01
Dimes has not only had to forfeit the match but has lost a massive amount of respect from others in the rugby world.

ROLLO 07 October, 2020 11:24
Dimes was running low on respect anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net