Latest news:

Premiership Semi-Finals & Final
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 07 October, 2020 11:54
Premiership Semi-Finals & Final
Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 11:54
Now its all sorted out it is time to get on with it and let the RFU/PRL deal with the legal outcome if there is any.

Exeter V Bath and Wasps V Bristol, this Saturday is going to be quite an exciting day with both games being played and shown on the same day starting at 13:00 going though to about 19:00 I would guess.

It will be really good to watch 2 games of club rugby where I can enjoy the spectacle without having to own any sorrows.

It is going to be a tough time for all 4 clubs following on from a huge amount of games compressed into a short period and for 2 clubs they still have the final to go!

What a time for Bath to drop 2 points and allow Bristol the opportunity to play Wasps instead of Exeter. Now I really feel that Bristol have the beating of Wasps and expect Exeter to despatch Bath. However form is key here. Exeter have been able to rest players over the last 3 fixtures so they are going to be fit and ready for this game. bath faded dramatically last Sunday.

The final I believe will be between Exeter and Bristol. In a Cup Final anything can happen, who knows Bristol could be champions!

Good luck to all 4 clubs, I shall be in front of the box with my beers and some solid nourishments, can't wait.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2020 07:09 by Faithful_City.

Re: Premiership Semi-Finals
Fiver 07 October, 2020 12:06
I think the key thing is we can now watch two 1st teams play each other, as opposed to the mish-mash of academy/bin juice/1st teamers that we've had for the last few weeks. Should be a good watch, albeit it lacking in atmosphere.

w4rriorz1980 07 October, 2020 12:26
IMHO it's Chiefs title to lose.Only Wasps can come close.

Chiefs v Wasps final.Chiefs the winner but will be tested.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Faithful_City 07 October, 2020 12:28
I think the beers will make up for the atmosphere - hopefully

JP

Malvern Man 07 October, 2020 12:51
How Exeter get on in the European Champions Cup Final may have a significant bearing on what happens in the Premiership play-offs.

Brummagem7's 07 October, 2020 15:18
Agree with w4rriorz, Chiefs to win it but on their day Wasps could catch them cold I reckon. Don't see Bristol winning in Coventry.

w4rriorz1980 07 October, 2020 16:36
But with no crowd it's a level playing field.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

centrethere 08 October, 2020 15:15
Thatís a bit unquaffable Fiver, referring to (watching) players as Ďbin juiceí!

Fiver 08 October, 2020 17:59
Bin juice is a phrase used on The Good, The Bad And The Rugby/House of Rugby podcasts, mainly by James Haskell. I'm using it it the context they use it.

Garym 08 October, 2020 21:18
Quote:
Fiver
Bin juice is a phrase used on The Good, The Bad And The Rugby/House of Rugby podcasts, mainly by James Haskell. I'm using it it the context they use it.

If itís used by Haskell, then a good reason NOT to use it

Faithful_City 09 October, 2020 09:33
Draught Beers are cooling, room prepared and food sorted.

Now fo 5 hours of Non stressful rugby

******** " RUGBY PARTY TIME " ********

Offa 10 October, 2020 13:56
Wasps looking good. Ref clearly not playing offside, but why stay onside if ref not bothered.
Still, they are looking good.

Is Ryan Mills injured or 4th choice. Gopperth was always going to be ahead of him.

Offa 10 October, 2020 14:41
Wasps were fantastic.
Well played.

Brummagem7's 10 October, 2020 16:11
Spencer's slow ball is killing bath in this game.

w4rriorz1980 10 October, 2020 17:52
The right two in the final IMHO.

Head & Shoulders above everybody else in the Premiership.

Two best attacks.Briz & Bath are also great going forward but they've been too inconsistent.

Going to be a cracker of a final.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 17:56 by w4rriorz1980.

Moorio_Wasp 10 October, 2020 20:31
Quote:
Offa
Wasps looking good. Ref clearly not playing offside, but why stay onside if ref not bothered.
Still, they are looking good.

Is Ryan Mills injured or 4th choice. Gopperth was always going to be ahead of him.

Broken foot unfortunately. Was immense for us before that. Mind you, Gopperth doesn't look like 80 mins of top flight rugby phases him even at 37!

Offa 10 October, 2020 22:02
Gopperth is a superb player. Wasps pur when he plays.

centrethere 11 October, 2020 16:28
Can someone buy Cips a pair of trousers

Brummagem7's 14 October, 2020 19:26
Have Wasps had an outbreak? 7 Positives apparently. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse for them, although prem rugby will do absolutely everything to get the game on.

Faithful_City 14 October, 2020 21:18
They canít be seen to screw this up.

The final has to be in doubt especially if there are more +tve results.

JP

Abmatt 15 October, 2020 06:38

Re: Premiership Semi-Finals & Final
BantamWarrior 15 October, 2020 09:05
Worrying developments

Worrying for all the players, staff and families at Wasps. I do hope that they are all OK

Worrying for the final. Both teams deserve to be in the final and both deserve to be able to say that the result was achieved based on rugby skills and not player availability

Very worrying for the rest of Rugby this year. As a previous poster on another thread said, if Premiership clubs can't keep free despite all the testing, spaced out facilities and procedures that they are following how on earth can any other club below the Premiership hope to stay virus free. I suspect it will just take 1 more "Sale scale" outbreak for the rest of Rugby below the Premiership to be postponed

Brummagem7's 19 October, 2020 16:10
Another 4 positives for Wasps? Cutting it very fine for the final, should think Bristol will be subbed in at this point. Then again, prem rugby.

Faithful_City 19 October, 2020 16:58
They have to bite the bullet and pull out, before Premiership Rugby becomes a laughing stock.

JP

WorcesterSauce 19 October, 2020 22:29
Quote:
Faithful_City
They have to bite the bullet and pull out, before Premiership Rugby becomes a laughing stock.
JP
Before they become a laughing stock?

That ship sailed a long time ago.

Faithful_City 20 October, 2020 08:32
Probably

Brummagem7's 24 October, 2020 17:43
Wasps holding their own, good to see.

Just on Joe Launchbury, he was brilliant in back in 12/13 to the point that I fully thought he'd go on to captain the national team and become a lion. There's been some great performances for England since and he's still had a great career to be fair but I do feel he could've been a generational talent.

A bit of a crime that he's never made it onto a lion's tour.

He's still a better lock than Itoje imho.

w4rriorz1980 24 October, 2020 18:56
Well done Chiefs! Can't stand Tony Rowe or Jonny Hill's awful mullet but congratulations all the same!

Unlucky Wasps though.Pushed Chiefs to the limit.Could've gone either way.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2020 18:59 by w4rriorz1980.

Offa 25 October, 2020 07:24
Congratulations to Chiefs. Deserved winners, and the double is a remarkable feat.

Out of interest, how was the game allowed to go ahead? We were in uproar when we were meant to be playing Sale. Have PRL just transported covid to Devon? For the record, I don't believe the game should have been played, but at least PRL have been consistent. Consistently poor decision making, but consistent nonetheless.

NW2 25 October, 2020 08:59
Well done Chiefs, but well done Wasps too, for making such a close game of it when many thought the result was a foregone conclusion. Deserved double by Chiefs though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net