Latest news:

Childs comes out of the woodwork
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 09 October, 2020 06:47
Childs comes out of the woodwork
Faithful_City 09 October, 2020 06:47
Quote:

Asked if he was satisfied with PRL’s actions since Friday, Childs told the PA news agency: “100 per cent. I feel very comfortable that we have made this decision for the right reasons. You reflect on the big decisions you make in life and I would make this decision exactly the same again. Losing Super Sunday was a small price to pay to make safety the primary concern.

“There are lots of opinions but when the facts come out, people will realise we have come through a detailed, methodical, well thought through process. There have to be learnings from this. Our aim is to make sure all future games are safe.”

PRL is seeking a state bailout amid fears clubs could fold as a result of games being played behind closed doors for up to six months. It has been suggested that the outbreak at Sale and its fallout has cast the sport and its governance in a bad light, harming its chances of receiving financial aid, but Childs disagreed.

“No. They are completely separate issues. Government aid is required because we have been told we can’t have fans back in the stadiums,” he said. “The decision we have made over Sale has actually protected a whole bunch of people, so I think quite the opposite.”

It’s not about making the game safe it is about keeping the players COVID free and NOT spreading the virus.

Full Interview HERE

JP

Re: Childs comes out of the woodwork
NW2 09 October, 2020 07:13
What a load of bullocks!

Statesman 09 October, 2020 07:23
They are asking him the wrong questions. They should ask him these:-
1. Sale fielded 10 virus infected players in their 23 for the Saints game. How did the protocols allow that to happen?
2. Sale and the PRL were advised 26/9 that Sale had a false negative from the round of testing on 23/9. What action were Sale required to take as a result of that false negative? What were the outcomes of those actions? Did the PRL ask for any additional action over and above what the protocols required?

Whispering_Death 09 October, 2020 09:44
Or maybe why have Ulster shut the place down after one positive test yet Sale tried to go ahead and play after 19. And how have Sale, one club, had 27 cases I think it is inside a week. I don’t think any club in any sport has reported anywhere near that so it’s perfectly obvious something has gone wrong at that club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net