Latest news:

Watching the 20/21 season at Sixways
Discussion started by Sheldon , 09 October, 2020 18:19
Watching the 20/21 season at Sixways
Sheldon 09 October, 2020 18:19
I am beginning to get the impression from the BBC website and various articles that spectators are unlikely to be allowed in to grounds in significant numbers until at least March next year. The football premier league has just announced a pay for view of £15 per match for games which have not been chosen for full broadcast . The 6 Nations are investigating putting the competition back from the first quarter next year so it isn't looking good.

I hope the government will support the clubs and that the Sale fiasco hasn't discredited Premiership rugby too much ( it has a bit though)

What are others thoughts and information sources saying?

Re: Watching the 20/21 season at Sixways
ROLLO 09 October, 2020 18:31
I think that the situation for mass crowds looks at present gloomy. A TV deal could be agreed but there will still be a massive loss of revenue for clubs with food and drink etc.,
Some government fundnig maybe avaialable but is it more worthy than other sections of the arts who are in similar situation ? If Bristol can pay the wages to the players that they are they don't need help. I can only see another set of wages cuts and where that would leave players and clubs I have no idea. There is then the position of Championship clubs.
Thank you China for this impossible situation.

Sheldon 09 October, 2020 19:34
Its way beyond my paygrade to even consider responsibilities but I do think you are right about the rest and CVC are now considering withdrawing their potential investment in the 6 Nations. I do hope we come out of this OK and we do get to see some rugby at sixways.

kiddykid 09 October, 2020 20:08
It has been said before I am sure, but, could not all s/t holders be allowed in to watch games? I think we have about 4,000 in a ground capacity of over 11,000. You wouldnít get your own seat and you would have to be socially distanced. It means of course no extra money into the clubís coffers because we have already paid, but we can buy food and drink which is something.........better than nothing?
What does anyone else th8nk?

Abmatt 09 October, 2020 20:55
I donít think itís the socially distanced 4000 in the ground thatís the problem.

Itís the getting there and leaving that is as thatís when some semblance of control is lost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2020 20:55 by Abmatt.

kiddykid 10 October, 2020 16:02
We are all big boys and girls with bags of common sense. I am sure we could manage it.

Abmatt 10 October, 2020 19:14
Quote:
kiddykid
We are all big boys and girls with bags of common sense. I am sure we could manage it.

Iíll have to take your word for that, or did you omit the sarcasm emoji?

NW2 11 October, 2020 15:41
I wish we were ALL big boys and girls, then maybe people would stick rigidly to the COVID protocols and it wouldnít be ramping up again. Unfortunately weíre not, and it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net