Latest news:

Congratulations Briz
Discussion started by AJWarriors1 , 16 October, 2020 21:48
Congratulations Briz
AJWarriors1 16 October, 2020 21:48
Really pleased for Bristol! Great advert for English rugby and a huge day in their history. Hopefully Exeter can do the same tomorrow. English rugby is on the up..letís hope rugby survives this@#$%&pandemic because it deserves it

Re: Congratulations Briz
w4rriorz1980 16 October, 2020 22:01
Hear Hear! Congratulated them on the Briz board.

Definitely not the Toulon of old.But that doesn't take away a hard working performance by Briz.Nice to see Bryce score.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Faithful_City 16 October, 2020 22:11
Absolutely a fantastic win what a great team atmosphere brilliant - Bristol could do the same as Exeter, they both could become the driving force in Premiership rugby for years to come.

Great win!!

WorcesterSauce 17 October, 2020 00:41
Bristol and Exeter doing what we could only dream of. Northampton and Quins have also won the league having been relegated and bounced back.

Just where exactly have we gone so unbelievably wrong?

Offa 17 October, 2020 08:17
Well done Briz. Terrific result.

Saucey, I think it is complex. Ruddock, Hill and Ryan were lousy.
A toxic culture abounded for too long, and with this too, a culture of moving on if you had any ambition.

I would like to think that most of this has been fixed under Gold and latterly Solly, but time will tell. Lam is terrific, and Baxter is the best of the lot.

nsw1654 17 October, 2020 09:27
Quote:
Offa
Well done Briz. Terrific result.
Saucey, I think it is complex. Ruddock, Hill and Ryan were lousy.
A toxic culture abounded for too long, and with this too, a culture of moving on if you had any ambition.

I would like to think that most of this has been fixed under Gold and latterly Solly, but time will tell. Lam is terrific, and Baxter is the best of the lot.

Yes a great win for Briz. I agree a new era at the top. Bears defence came in for considerable praise. Where was Omar before Bristol? Oh yes ........

NW2 17 October, 2020 09:40
It IS great to see what Exeter and now Bristol have achieved, but it does make our own lack of success harder to bear. It always makes me wonder why some players (and some coaches!) donít do the business for us, but then go on to greater things elsewhere. Is it simply a case of ďyouíre only as good as the people you surround yourself withĒ, or that we have made mistake after mistake with head coaches and DORís?

AJWarriors1 17 October, 2020 12:19
Briz have the money spend and Exeter have the right model which has taken them 10 years to achieve potential success...they still havenít won the league or the Champions Cup as of yet and we are now trying to follow suit with what we are doing with our academy boys.Those are the reasons why those two teams have done so well as well as a consistent talented coaching team which we hopefully now have. Donít that that green eyed monster get you just yet.

Iím happy to see how we get on with our lot even if itís baby steps

NW2 17 October, 2020 14:32
No green eyed monster here AJW, just season after season of pure frustration that weíre unable to produce the the goods. We have surely had the time to do it by now, and in the past we have had the resources. My question really was why we havenít?

AJWarriors1 17 October, 2020 16:26
Iím with you on the frustration NW2. Just feels different this time around. That fact that we have retained all our talented kids is the start of my belief we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel added by a young talented coaching team that are good mates and actually get on.

Just saw a comment on BT sport from Lawrence saying how Exeter are where they are because they kept their kids together and added quality on top year on year. Thatís what we are looking to do now. Fingers crossed it will happen for us but I definitely feel your past frustrations though 100%

WorcesterSauce 17 October, 2020 22:57
Exeter have won the league in 2017 but i agree their success was built on keeping the youth and being well coached to succeed. Hopefully we follow in their footsteps, only time will tell.

AJWarriors1 17 October, 2020 22:59
Oh yea of course they did. Forgot about that. Good point Sauce

Faithful_City 18 October, 2020 08:18
Thatís how you really build team spirit - home grown players.

PMB 18 October, 2020 12:53
I think that I read yesterday that Chiefs' squad includes 22 born in the South West (Somerset, Devon & Cornwall). They have had greater continuity of players and "back room" staff than Warriors ever managed and no expensive pension gatherers (David Pears, Ben Clarke, John Lilley, Rico Gear to name a few). Many of their squad choose to stay despite opportunities to earn more elsewhere with Rob Baxter usually pointing out that there is so much available and no more.

Hopefully Warriors will get there eventually.

But well done Bristol a cracking start to the weekend and well deserved.

shrewsburyman 19 October, 2020 09:50
Well done Bristol and the start of a new era for them. On reflection I said that the day they signed Pat Lam several years ago was the start of a new era for them.

drifter 19 October, 2020 13:30
we are years behind both bris and exeter now. propper coach system or just better players? Omar works for bris but not us!! 75 yr old coach and or players that find wuss far to easy?

TVM Rides Again 19 October, 2020 14:14
Since both were promoted for the last time, neither have gone through several reinventions, which probably helps.

Lets also not overlook Bristol's BIG war chest - not knocking, but it is a thing.

Garym 19 October, 2020 19:39
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Since both were promoted for the last time, neither have gone through several reinventions, which probably helps.
Lets also not overlook Bristol's BIG war chest - not knocking, but it is a thing.

Saints have been through a fair bit and at the moment seem to be even more depressed than we are at times. Bristol having a backer like Lansdown makes a massive difference and the amount of turmoil they went through before eventually getting promoted makes a lot of our machinations seem quite trivial. Ever since they came back up they have had that war-chest

Faithful_City 20 October, 2020 09:34
AND

Pat Lam!

NW2 20 October, 2020 16:07
Quote:
Faithful_City
AND
Pat Lam!

Spot on, the one thing we have never had IMO, a head coach / DOR who can attract the right calibre of player.

Abmatt 20 October, 2020 18:55
Quote:
NW2
Quote:
Faithful_City
AND
Pat Lam!

Spot on, the one thing we have never had IMO, a head coach / DOR who can attract the right calibre of player.

And who has the backing behind him.

You can have a top coach, but if you donít have the board and finances youíre scuppered. Lam has this.

I think weíve had some good coaches who havenít had this, hence theyíve failed and we are on this merry go round.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net