Congratulations Chiefs!!!!!
AJWarriors1 17 October, 2020 17:38
Amazing!!!

Re: Congratulations Chiefs!!!!!
Brummagem7's 17 October, 2020 17:39
Huge last 10, fair play to them

AJWarriors1 17 October, 2020 17:55
Massive! I thought it was game over when they had the sin bin. Huge resolve. We need to replicate their culture which I think we are on the way to doing.

Brummagem7's 17 October, 2020 18:09
Aye hopefully with ted we can go places, I know I keep banging the drum for sticking with the youngsters next season but it's important in how the club wants to progress. We've got a good infrastructure and Worcester is a rugby city so I don't see why we can't win trophies in the future.

NW2 17 October, 2020 19:36
Quote:
AJWarriors1
Massive! I thought it was game over when they had the sin bin.
You and me both AJW! Fantastic win.

Garym 18 October, 2020 06:15
Well done to Chiefs and also one in the eye for Saracens who said they had to cheat to compete in Europe

PMB 18 October, 2020 11:56
Also should make the ring fence brigade think again, where did these two teams come from in recent years?

Abmatt 18 October, 2020 19:45
Nope. Still on favour of ring fencing

shrewsburyman 19 October, 2020 08:43
I thought that it was over with the sin bin just like you AJW but an incredible effort to keep Racing out. Particularly as Racing were to my surprise very much in the ascendency in the latter stages of the match.

WorcesterSauce 19 October, 2020 09:51
Quote:
Abmatt
Nope. Still on favour of ring fencing

Just out of interest, why?

Abmatt 19 October, 2020 17:44
Because I simply donít believe there is the money or supporter base in England to support two professional leagues, even more so after Covid.

Iím an advocate of locking the league, but not indefinitely. Perhaps on a 2-3 year cycle. This gives the promoted side chance to establish/ recruit knowing they have a period in the top flight but also allows those wanting to promote to effectively plan for the event.

I donít believe that there are enough clubs to sustain the endless yo-yoing so would also not object to a larger locked premiership.

I canít however see anyone in the championship who have the resources to sustain themselves. Possibly pirates?

WorcesterSauce 19 October, 2020 18:27
I understand the point and to be honest the RFU and to a lesser extent the PRL have been hopeless beyond belief at promoting the game beyond 14 or so clubs. To close the shop would just be a sad, sad move for English Rugby as it would essentially be admitting that the game will not grow outside of those towns/cities with existing too flight teams. France have managed 3 professional tiers, we should be able to manage at least 2. The reduction in Salary Cap and strong enforcement of rule breakers like Saracens may well help close the gap a bit.

I actually think the current system works well. One Prem club has essentially a season on the naughty step. They get parachute payment, they have an academy, funding and a strong squad and all the odds are stacked against the Championship sides BUT crucially the door is always open if any team wanted to make a push for it. Iíd imagine Ealing and Pirates out of the existing lot would give it a go, but the cartel rules in place basically exclude them. Itís a horrible rich mans anti growth cartel, the Premiership.

Garym 19 October, 2020 18:41
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
I.... understand the point and to be honest the RFU and to a lesser extent the PRL have been hopeless beyond belief at promoting the game beyond 14 or so clubs. To close the shop would just be a sad, sad move for English Rugby as it would essentially be admitting that the game will not grow outside of those towns/cities with existing too flight teams. France have managed 3 professional tiers, we should be able to manage at least 2. The reduction in Salary Cap and strong enforcement of rule breakers like Saracens may well help close the gap a bit. .

Remember that rugby culturally in the south of France has always been a lot stronger than it is over here and that is the reason (in my opinion) why they make a better fist of it than we do

Faithful_City 20 October, 2020 08:37
For many many years it was the most important sport in that area.

Every game was also market day in the villages/towns where the games were played, which had open squares full of both supporters drinking and eating it was almost a religion or battles between opposing towns/villages.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net