Latest news:

Tomlinson Now A Cardiff Blue?
Discussion started by Craig Muncey , 19 May, 2019 12:39
Tomlinson Now A Cardiff Blue?
Craig Muncey 19 May, 2019 12:39
Seen today that Evan Yardley a well respected hooker playing for RGC is coming to Cardiff RFC next season. See the below link to the statement from the club.

[northwalesrugby.wales]

Wondering what that means to highly rated Joey Tomlinson? Is he becoming part of the Cardiff Blues squad or he is he moving to another club? Have heard in the past a link to Ealing.

Thoughts?

Re: Tomlinson Now A Cardiff Blue?
cardiff_steve 19 May, 2019 15:55
I think he's probably moving on unfortunately. We have four pro senior hookers under contract so not sure there's room for a fifth.

Id like to see him have a go though.

Craig Muncey 19 May, 2019 16:21
Quote:
cardiff_steve
I think he's probably moving on unfortunately. We have four pro senior hookers under contract so not sure there's room for a fifth.

Certainly looking that way Steve. Which as you say is a shame. Tomlinson I feel deserved or deserves a go with Cardiff Blues especially when you look at the players in that position we have.

cardiff_steve 19 May, 2019 16:29
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Quote:
cardiff_steve

Certainly looking that way Steve. Which as you say is a shame. Tomlinson I feel deserved or deserves a go with Cardiff Blues especially when you look at the players in that position we have.

Other thing is, pretty sure Myhill, Lewis and Belcher are all younger than him. So while none are superstars, they've more time to develop.

Craig Muncey 19 May, 2019 17:26
Tomlinson is 26, Lewis 25 and Myhill 27 so very little difference with those three. All much of a likeness in ability as well from my view.

cardiff_steve 19 May, 2019 22:35
Ah tomlinson a bit younger and myhill a bit older than i thought!

Craig Muncey 21 June, 2019 17:16
I see today been announced that Joey Tomlinson is moving to Canada. That ends all speculation of him being promoted to the senior squad then! A very good player. I wish him well.

Martynwilliamsno1fan 22 June, 2019 10:14
Shame, he's been an excellent servant to the RFC, very good player and been setting a great example as a captain, was getting better every season. Good luck Joey you'll be missed.

Selgwent 23 August, 2019 09:38
Joey still not listed on either Blues or RFC squad lists but named on the bench for Blues A v Leinster this weekend. Anyone know what's going on???

GleisionCogan 23 August, 2019 23:40
Playing a final game or two before his new role starts over in Canada, there was a presentation for him on Thursday night in the club in recognition of his service and to wish him well.

Selgwent 24 August, 2019 10:29
Cheers for that info.

Hope these few games go well for him then. It's the least he deserves for excellent service to the club.

Good luck, Joey.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net