Latest news:

Jason Strange
Discussion started by Craig Muncey , 24 June, 2019 18:57
Jason Strange
Craig Muncey 24 June, 2019 18:57
Quite a few sources including Wales Online stating that Jason Strange has been sacked with his likely replacement seeming to be Richie Rees. Thoughts if true?

Re: Jason Strange
cardiff_steve 24 June, 2019 20:05
Strange shouldnt have been given the job in the first place. Structure fell apart after only a few phases. Early season in particular there were major issues.

I suspect Mulvihill had to take on more and more of the attack coaching as the season went on.

Craig Muncey 24 June, 2019 20:08
Attack and defence had faults last season. In my view jury out in all coaches so far.

cardiff_steve 24 June, 2019 20:25
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Attack and defence had faults last season. In my view jury out in all coaches so far.

I think the forward coaches have done reasonably well given the players available relative to other teams.

The backs, on paper, should be where we're strong. So, issues there are far more glaring and there are few excuses.

In defence, I suspect Melon will eventually become defence coach so long as he keeps doing the business with the prem side.

neilcardiff 30 June, 2019 18:58
the main problem last season and the reason we didn't make the playoffs is all down to mulville with this constant changing of players every game not once all through the season did he let the side settle thats the problem mulville

Craig Muncey 30 June, 2019 19:21
Quote:
neilcardiff
the main problem last season and the reason we didn't make the playoffs is all down to mulville with this constant changing of players every game not once all through the season did he let the side settle thats the problem mulville

I am yet to be convinced he is a Head Coach level I will be honest. Letís see what happens in the new season and how things develop.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net