Latest news:

John Mulvihill talks about new recruits
Discussion started by Empire 58 , 01 January, 2020 17:00
John Mulvihill talks about new recruits
Empire 58 01 January, 2020 17:00
John Mulvihill has spoken to the BBC stating the Blues intent to sign 4 forwards. Players who are Welsh qualified that play in England and some that play in Super Rugby competition. Iíve heard and read that Cory Hill is to come back to the Blues. Anyone heard of any other rumours? Mulvihill states that Blues are looking for a lock and number 8 in particular! Sam Moore of Sale springs to mind. Heís a Welsh born number 8. Would happily take him or Faletau!

Re: John Mulvihill talks about new recruits
AndrewBlues 02 January, 2020 14:44
Seems like the super rugby signing will be an out and out lock. I'd like to see us go for someone like Kane Le'aupepe, Jason Jenkins, Matias Alemanno. Not sure about their availability but I'd like to see us go for one of them. If we have some money left over (unlikely I know) I'd like to see us potentially go for Luke Romano. His experience would be brilliant, although his age does look like a factor that could play against us.

Sam Moore at eight would be a great shout, certainly more realistic than Faletau but I wouldn't mind Faletau signing!

cardiff_steve 02 January, 2020 22:02
I dont think any of the available welsh players over the border really fit what JM's says we're looking for.

I think we're much more likely to get a few aussies over.

Empire 58 03 January, 2020 01:01
I donít mind if an ozzy or South African lock comes in. We could do with some bulk there. Someone mentioned Alex Dombrandt possibly signing. He qualifies for Wales through residential ruling for the time he spent in University here. Isnít tied to England as has only played in a non international game!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2020 01:02 by Empire 58.

cardiff_steve 06 January, 2020 20:42
Quote:
Empire 58
I donít mind if an ozzy or South African lock comes in. We could do with some bulk there. Someone mentioned Alex Dombrandt possibly signing. He qualifies for Wales through residential ruling for the time he spent in University here. Isnít tied to England as has only played in a non international game!

No chance of getting Dombrandt, and he isnt qualified anyway.

Wilson tried to sign him a few years back but he always wanted to be playing in England. Nothing to see here.

BUT, scuttlebutt is that we are indeed getting two pretty decent second rows in. Finally.

Ben Blair's Right Peg 06 January, 2020 22:33
I noticed the comments coming out of Sarries today.

Any chance of us getting Rhys Carre back? Him and Dillon would make a brilliant carrying front row.

Not that we don't have a good quota of young props coming through.

After Xmas I feel we're a couple of forwards away from being a solid outfit.

cardiff_steve 06 January, 2020 22:42
Quote:
Ben Blair's Right Peg
I noticed the comments coming out of Sarries today.
Any chance of us getting Rhys Carre back? Him and Dillon would make a brilliant carrying front row.

Not that we don't have a good quota of young props coming through.

After Xmas I feel we're a couple of forwards away from being a solid outfit.

I doubt they'd look to release Rhys because of finances. He signed prior to the world cup so wont be on much wedge.

My (rather selfish) hope is that he doesnt make the 6 nations squad and starts to get itchy feet.

In any case, it does seem the case that (finally) a group of forwards will be coming in

Ben Blair's Left Peg 17 January, 2020 08:29
If Sarries get relegated which now seems likely I don't think the WRU or Rhys himself would consider the best place for development to be the Championship....

We should be doing everything to get him back

Empire 58 17 January, 2020 11:42
Totally agree. Was just reading about it and thought the same myself. Absolutely dull that we lost him in the first place. With him gone I feel Domachoski has stepped up but not quite as good as Carre.

cardiff_steve 17 January, 2020 14:53
Id be surprised if we arent currently on the phone to Rhys's agent, given what we now know.

Come home big man.

Hallam1803 21 January, 2020 18:27
Hearing that Cory Hill is a done deal. In talks with Owen Williams but all depends on whether he's in the WRU's elite 38. I think he'd be a great signing.

cardiff_steve 21 January, 2020 18:54
Quote:
Hallam1803
Hearing that Cory Hill is a done deal. In talks with Owen Williams but all depends on whether he's in the WRU's elite 38. I think he'd be a great signing.

Everyone in Wales wants Williams, thats the problem I think.

I heard a rumour in my local (I live in Gloucestershire) that we want lloyd Evans, the Glaws backup 10, who is welsh qualified.

Other people have debunked this, apparently in for another 10 though. Dont know who.

Empire 58 26 February, 2020 22:44
Reading an article on the BBC tonight regard Ellis Jenkins return, John Mulvihill mentions signing a lock and a number 8. Thought we were just getting the one in, in the way of Sam Moore, but looks like there will be another. Any ideas who that might be???

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net