Latest news:

Decent Result at Zebre
Discussion started by Empire 58 , 03 October, 2020 11:27
Decent Result at Zebre
Empire 58 03 October, 2020 11:27
Thought it was a decent result considering we were down to 14 men. Great defence effort not to concede any tries. What’s everyone’s thoughts?
Were top of the conference too! ;-)

Re: Decent Result at Zebre
cardiff_steve 03 October, 2020 14:16
Good start and really impressive after going down to 14. Played it really intelligently.

Attack wasnt clicking at all while we still had 15 though, so a lot to get right still.

But cant complain too much with winning away with 14 men.

Cogangleision 04 October, 2020 11:45
First real test should be next week v Connacht, get a good result in that and can start building the momentum.

theflier 04 October, 2020 12:02
Best time to play them tbf, we'll be rinsed for the internationals, despite getting a fraction of the Scarlets funding, Connacht won't

Ben Blair's Left Peg 05 October, 2020 11:24
Thought our defence was the best its looked for years, very solid in phase play, well organised and good line speed. Covered the drift well. I think we gave away two/three line breaks all game which is impressive when half the game down to 14. Really impressed how we adapted on the pitch in view of the 14 men and tightened the game up.

Frankly I'd rather us have a good defence and intelligent game management than score at will but have a structure more porous than a cheese grater like previous seasons.

I think we created enough for a first game, you have to bear in mind that Zebre were offside in literally every single phase in midfield and it was a wet grass pitch. Clancy generally hates us as well so we did okay. We've always been fine going forward just poor in D so i think it was a positive outcome.

The youngsters in the park really stood up, Davies, Botham and SLH all very good.

We might not get to play Connatcht if the irish go into lockdown but i think its a good time to play them as they're generally our closest rival in the division. Expect a different set up of team and game plan.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net