Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Tongue slightly in cheek (but only slightly...)
Discussion started by AggiePirate , 23 July, 2019 20:27
Tongue slightly in cheek (but only slightly...)
AggiePirate 23 July, 2019 20:27
So, Cameron promised us the money for the stadium, and it wasn't forthcoming...
Teresa May has been and gone....
Will Boris therefore deliver?

Or will we have to wait for Corbyn?

Re: Tongue slightly in cheek (but only slightly...)
1spy 24 July, 2019 07:12
When he was Mayor of London Boris Johnson upgraded the Olympic Stadium to a football Stadium for West Ham at a cost to the taxpayer of 300 million.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2019 07:24 by 1spy.

*Stalwart 24 July, 2019 10:36
If I understand it correctly all the government and Sprt England hurdles have been jumped and we are now waiting for the transfer of land from INOX to the council and then to the stadium partners which all happens on the same day. Once the land is transferred the government money will be released. We were told a couple of weeks ago that this is imminent Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Caradon Pirate 25 July, 2019 09:34
The wait for the S4C is beginning to resemble Brexit(Sm100)

artee 25 July, 2019 09:50
An extract from Dicky"s recent statement:

So, I'm pleased to say we are within touching distance of getting a fabulous new Stadium for Cornwall actually off the ground.
We have spent the last week finalising the legals (for the transfer to the Cornish Pirates of the land destined for the Stadium), between ourselves and the College, with the Council and of course with INOX.
I see no valid outstanding reason in the way for the Council to pass the land to the Cornish Pirates within the next week or so - certainly by months end.

At a board meeting on Thursday our Directors voted unanimously to accept the terms of the transfer documents when they become available in the final format.
I have had to agree certain conditions related to the operation of the stadium to include the financial security of the Council funding (which will also apply to the government funding) but as this is taxpayer money we have no problem with this issue). Once signed off, we'll have lift off for fundraising efforts, which are already in the pipeline.

We have been working on building an iconic stadium for the people of Cornwall, not just a ground with a large stand and a ground capacity for 6000 spectators. We want the stadium to be a showpiece sports Arena in the future, a 'Must Visit' place for visitors to Cornwall and Cornish folk alike.
This will take a lot more funding than the phase 1 cost of 14 million, which is basically in place and includes outstanding money from the government. Once the land is in our possession government should be forthcoming with their contribution.

AggiePirate 25 July, 2019 21:21
Thanks artee, my post was not intended to be taken literally, and I think we are all aware of Dicky's excellent message. Just one problem with his final sentence however...Government SHOULD be forthcoming... The way Boris has been splashing money around today I ain't holding my breath!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net