Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

KO Change YC v CPs in the Cup
Discussion started by Phil W , 01 August, 2019 14:58
KO Change YC v CPs in the Cup
Phil W 01 August, 2019 14:58
Pirates v Yorkshire Carnegie - Change of KO Time

For general awareness Yorkshire Carnegie have advised that there will be a change in kick-off time when they host the Cornish Pirates at West Park Bramhope RUFC on Saturday 28th September. The Round 2 Championship Cup game was scheduled to kick-off at 2.30pm, however this has now been brought forward to the earlier time of 12.30.

West Park Bramhope have apparently had a game switched by their league, so they will play after the Yorkshire Carnegie versus Cornish Pirates contest.

Phil W

Re: KO Change YC v CPs in the Cup
Geoff DC 01 August, 2019 18:05

1spy 01 August, 2019 18:27
Pirates will play Sale Academy if rumours are correct..

cornishbob 02 August, 2019 08:13
Looking at the ground, would this pass muster for the championship I wonder?

SAWTRY_PIRATE 02 August, 2019 08:16
Turnstiles?

almostatyke 02 August, 2019 20:08
England trained at West Park for a week so I am sure the facilities will meet Championship standards. We played a few matches there when the Headingley pitch was relaid and I can think of a few Championship grounds that are not as good. It has hosted youth matches at high levels in the past too.
There is some sort of Planning restriction preventing a professional rugby team being based there, otherwise it would be used more.

It is the least of our problems of course.

cornishbob 02 August, 2019 21:10
Cheers almostatyke, looking forward to hopefully be there in Sept.

AggiePirate 02 August, 2019 21:16
Reminded me a little of Kenwyn, minus the temporary stands of course.
Remember that time, when PZN appropriated the 'Cornish' brand? Despite those other, possibly more famous, Cornish clubs? Penryn, Redruth, Camborne?
Seriously, we need to lay off YC, for daring to dream. There but for the grace...

Surrey Pirate 07 August, 2019 13:20
Quote:
AggiePirate
Reminded me a little of Kenwyn, minus the temporary stands of course.
Remember that time, when PZN appropriated the 'Cornish' brand? Despite those other, possibly more famous, Cornish clubs? Penryn, Redruth, Camborne?
Seriously, we need to lay off YC, for daring to dream. There but for the grace...
Laying off YC when the club are, according to a number of reports, refusing to pay medical bills incurred by injured players who having first lost their jobs now having to pay huge medical bills too?

AggiePirate 07 August, 2019 16:39
Fair enough Surrey, but even YC fans didn't know this was happening until this week!
See the post by almostatyke on the other YC thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net