Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

STADIUM DELAYS
Discussion started by bolingey pirate , 12 September, 2019 07:09
STADIUM DELAYS
bolingey pirate 12 September, 2019 07:09
Cornwall Live report this morning that Cnr Egerton has admitted that Cornwall Council are at fault for the delay, as the promised land transfer promised for the end of last July hasn't happened at all.....and he won't commit to when the transfer might occur.............bloody disgraceful !!!
Sorry guys I don't "do" links !!

Re: STADIUM DELAYS
artee 12 September, 2019 07:56
Link - article taken from Devon & Cornwall News
[stadium4cornwall.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2019 07:56 by artee.

AggiePirate 12 September, 2019 08:01
This appears to be one and the same problem as outlined by Dicky last month, not something new. The infamous ransom strip.
I think we all have to keep faith with what Dicky has told us, that everything possible is being done etc etc.
Mind you, a little more info from the club would be welcome, as always......

bolingey pirate 12 September, 2019 08:37
I couldn't agree more, "Aggie"...it really annoys me to find out this sort of thing via Cornwall Live, and not from the club !!

bolingey pirate 12 September, 2019 09:47
To be fair, I have just seen the same report on the S4C web site, timed at late yesterday afternoon...well done to them!! trouble is, it's not a site that I routinely browse.

artee 12 September, 2019 10:20
Langarth Garden Village is sited north of the A390 on the edge of the city of Truro and on the other side of the road to Threemilestone.
The £47.5m Northern Access Road, the road, which will run parallel to the north of the existing A390 between Threemilestone and Treliske, has long been championed as a key access route for visitors and spectators to the Stadium for Cornwall.

chenoweth 12 September, 2019 11:08
I concur with everyone who are frustrated by this latest revelation however this is not new and is the same concern that Dicky mentioned previously. Clearly someone has missed a so called ransom strip which is disappointing but I am sure this will be resolved as soon as possible. Keep the faith as Dicky says.

Pirate15 12 September, 2019 18:52
Disappointing news but at least we now know what the problem is which hopefully can be sorted out as soon as possible. This delay is very frustrating and I can only imagine how this news was received by Dicky Evans and the stadium partners. We have suffered setbacks in the past but once this is resolved hopefully the stadium can finally be delivered.

AggiePirate 20 September, 2019 19:26
There is a report on Cornwall Live today (sorry Geoff don't do links!) that Cornwall Council are linking stalled housing developments under the banner Langarth Garden Village but cannot say how many new homes are likely in future.
I imagine this is all tied in with S4C but there is no mention of ransome strips.
An update from the club would be helpful, methinks....

*Stalwart 22 September, 2019 09:50
Quote:
AggiePirate
There is a report on Cornwall Live today (sorry Geoff don't do links!) that Cornwall Council are linking stalled housing developments under the banner Langarth Garden Village but cannot say how many new homes are likely in future.
I imagine this is all tied in with S4C but there is no mention of ransome strips.
An update from the club would be helpful, methinks....

To be fair a lot of this will probably be commercially sensitive, so the stadium partners have to take care exactly what they say publicly.

1spy 22 September, 2019 15:12
According to Cllr Bob Egerton the Portfolio holder originally the plan was to build an Estate Road but now the Government has awarded a £47 million funding package that now allows them to build a road of higher specification. Unfortunately that will require extra land and changes to the section 106 planning document. Frustrating delay but positive long term.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net