Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

THE STADIUM (AGAIN !!!)
Discussion started by bolingey pirate , 05 November, 2019 10:25
THE STADIUM (AGAIN !!!)
bolingey pirate 05 November, 2019 10:25
It's several months now since we supporters were informed of a delay to the stadium project, due to an issue over what was described by some as a "ransom strip" piece of land that was needed to be purchased in order to gain access to the site. We then learned that Cornwall Council had admitted that it was their fault !! Since then, .........nothing !!! Could the club kindly give us an update as to what progress has been made (if any), and when construction work is likely to start ?? I was told to "keep the faith" by Dicky, but the situation is really starting to wear a bit thin. I had really thought that the club had improved it's PR track record in recent months, but NOT for what is most important issue we are likely to face..............our club's future!!!

Re: THE STADIUM (AGAIN !!!)
*Stalwart 05 November, 2019 11:25
Maybe there's nothing to report. No doubt the club have to be careful what they say if there's legal stuff going on. I think we all share your frustration, though, and I'm sure RGRE feels it more than any of us.

1spy 05 November, 2019 12:45
I agree with you Stalwart trust Dicky and the other Stakeholders. The Langarth Development as reported in the media this week is a hot topic and has a number of issues other than the S4C going on.

artee 05 November, 2019 13:45
The Stadium for Cornwall, is a separate scheme to Langarth Garden Village.

The Stadium for Cornwall is a proposed multi-purpose: sports, education, business and community facility.
It will be the permanent home for the Cornish Pirates and Truro City Football Club.
The stadium is being developed through a partnership between: Truro and Penwith College,
Cornish Pirates and Truro City Football Club.

(1) The current delay in obtaining access through the park and ride site is not linked to the new road through Langarth to the stadium. That is a separate issue.

(2) The delay relates to use of the park and ride site access to the stadium, not the NAR, (Northern Access Road).

(3) The restrictions on this are;

Provision of an access road from within the Park & Ride site to serve as a construction access for the Stadium for Cornwall.
In addition a separate pedestrian access and emergency access will be provided along with amendments to the internal layout of the Park & Ride and amendments to the junction with the A390.
Following completion of construction, the access road to the stadium will be used for deliveries, team coaches, VIPs, disabled parking and other stadium users until the permanent junction has been provided to the site from the Northern Access Road.
Park & Ride A390 between junction at West Langarth Farm and the roundabout at Threemilestone, TR4 9AN.
(4) The park and ride site is a temporary access solution to service the stadium.

(5) The Council has always wanted to keep road/residential as a separate issue to the stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 13:48 by artee.

Pirate15 05 November, 2019 15:39
Unfortunately I think this situation regarding the 'ransom strip' is out of our hands so we have no control over its progress. I'm sure the S4C partners and Dicky would like to say a lot more on this subject but are governed by legal agreements and a desire not to upset CC and risk further delay.

bolingey pirate 05 November, 2019 16:01
Many thanks "artee". I now know a bit more to the background of the saga !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net