Pirates v Ampthill
Discussion started by Geoff DC , 08 November, 2019 13:08
Pirates v Ampthill
Geoff DC 08 November, 2019 13:08
Good to see Sam Matavesi back & on the bench for Sunday

Full Team & Preview on Cornish Pirates Offy

Re: Pirates v Ampthill
cornishbob 08 November, 2019 13:28
Reckon we're good enough for a hard fought 5 points, despite Wardy trying to disrupt things!!

Black Bart 08 November, 2019 14:39
Burglar Bill !!

*Stalwart 10 November, 2019 09:51
Nice dry day - should be great for rugby. Wrap up warm and make some noise!

Eastanglianpirate 10 November, 2019 10:52
The boys are going to have to be at their best this afternoon. Ampthill are no mugs and are probably getting better game by game. Like a lot if teams coming to Pz they will undoubtedly raise their game. If concentration slips , this could turn out to be a banana skin for us.
Pessimism aside , I think we'll win a close match , get 5 points and they'll grab a losing bonus point. It's going to be a 'bite your fingernails afternoon' !

Eastanglianpirate 10 November, 2019 16:17
I'll keep my paranoia yo myself next time. It sounded like they were always in control. Very good win

Black Bart 10 November, 2019 17:34
Yes right from the off. The ref as always, Dean Richards never helped except to slow the match down. Never in doubt. Number 7 phenomiinal

chenoweth 10 November, 2019 17:39
Very good win, looked in control for the whole match even though we were just off our game in the finishing department early in the first half. Consistency is the key word, lineout and the scrum very good and I can only see this squad improving. Impressive!.

old prop steve 10 November, 2019 19:43
Watched on internet. Basics (lineouts, scrum, kickoffs, defence) looked miles better than last season. If we can now add a tad more accuracy when attacking and somehow manage the refs a little better somebody soon is going to get a serious walloping when they come down to Penzance!

This could have been a banana skin and we stepped over it nicely!

Pirate15 10 November, 2019 22:39
I thought we lacked accuracy in the first 20 minutes which led to a number of unforced errors allowing Ampthill to keep their line intact and clear the danger. Once we got the accuracy,pace and continuity into our game there was only going to be one winner. As was mentioned earlier this game could have been a potential banana skin but I was impressed by how the boys controlled the game.

welshpirate 11 November, 2019 11:05
The ref was overly fussy, but much better than the one for Newcastle game. The match lacked continuity as a result. We were stronger in all areas really and should have scored earlier than we did. Apmthill seemed organised and capable, think they will stay up. Great to see Wardy again, he always means business, full of energy and aggression when on the pitch.

wigston pirate 11 November, 2019 12:08
Listened to the match on radio Cornwall and good commentary throughout. Sounded as we were on top but seemed to get going at times. Need to get along better with the man in the middle to prevent penalties going against us. A good result all the same and proud of how the team are progressing (less penalties). Unfortunately will still not be available Friday at London Jocks due to work shortages , Planning to be at The Mennaye for cup match against Notts.

(Sm109)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net