Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Sale via Wasps
Discussion started by chenoweth , 08 November, 2019 22:06
Sale via Wasps
chenoweth 08 November, 2019 22:06
What a load of rubbish.
I have to say the quality of rugby on display was embarrassing and only superseded by the man with the whistle. I have watched and played rugby for over sixty years and found this miserable game to be the worst possible advert for this brilliant game. Please, Please tell me we will never allow ourselves to aspire to this depth. Neither card was warranted in my opinion ., the yellow was handbag stuff and the 'red card' you cannot touch a player until his feet are on the ground. Full stop.

Re: Sale via Wasps
cornishbob 08 November, 2019 22:17
I too watched the game and yep twas awful. The red card was certainly warranted, the player knew he was kicking out with an extended foot and made sure he connected - no accident at all, had he kept a bent leg and landed as everyone else does nothing would have happened, he because of his deliberate recklessness denied his team at least a losing bonus point - justice in my opinion.

chenoweth 09 November, 2019 07:59
Cornishbob.
The law clearly states the player cannot be tackled until he has landed on the floor. If the tackle was not early the outstretched leg would not have touched the tackler. Saw exactly the same incident at the Mennaye and the tackler was given yellow card. Much easier and safer for all to accept the receiver must have two feet on the ground prior to contact from catching a kick.

cornishbob 09 November, 2019 09:04
The tackle was never completed, the player about to be tackled clearly used his foot to kick the oncoming tackler who would have had a yellow card at least had he completed the tackle. however the player sent off not only had a bent leg to fend the oncoming player off and heres the reason he was dismissed - he clearly kicked out his bent leg (kung foo fashion) to not only defend himself but to contact the tackler in such a fashion as to be deliberate and dangerous. Look at his face he knew exactly what he was doing. As for the tackle at the Mennaye whoever the player was was very lucky to stay on field!! I guess we'll agree to disagree and there it will remain.

chenoweth 09 November, 2019 10:07
Cornishbob

I agree lets do that. The good news is all kicking will now be banned as straightening your leg becomes a red card offence. Yea! great news for all followers of rugby. Pick it up and run with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net