Discussion started by chenoweth , 29 November, 2019 11:39
ticket price
chenoweth 29 November, 2019 11:39
What price tickets for Sunday.
Says £15 on match preview.

Re: ticket price
Geoff DC 29 November, 2019 12:21
From The Ticket Kiosk

For Cup games the cost is £10. This ticket will allow you to sit anywhere in both stands (just a few exceptions), this is done on a first come basis.

chenoweth 29 November, 2019 12:32
Not according to Sue
£15 on the gate, what's the point of being a season ticket holder.
Think I won't bother mickey mouse competition anyway.

cheshire exile 29 November, 2019 13:18
Confused of Cheshire here’. I thought the three Cup group games were included; there are tickets marked A,B & C in the season ticket booklet, which I thought were for the 3 home games?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2019 21:47 by cheshire exile.

chenoweth 29 November, 2019 13:38
Hi Cheshire
Sorry to disappoint you but cup games are not part of your Season Ticket.
They use to be but not anymore its £15 quid on the gate mate.
Certainly know how to look after their supporters. Highest charge in the league.

truropirate 29 November, 2019 14:01
They were £10 00 if ordered form the ticket office before the ticket office closed today and £15 00 on the day

chenoweth 29 November, 2019 14:08
Truropirate

Not quite right because if you order them you have to pay a charge.

Pirate15 29 November, 2019 16:09
£10 bought in advance, no additional charge if payment is in cash, you can buy in person from the ticket office or arrange to collect on the day at the gate.

chenoweth 29 November, 2019 17:02
Okay if you live in Penzance and not what Sue told me.

cheshire exile 29 November, 2019 21:49
So what are the A, B and C tickets??

northseapirate 29 November, 2019 22:12
Season ticket holder here and I've bought advance tickets, on line, at £10 plus 'admin' charge £1.75

I would love to get in free but RGRE can't keep this great club afloat all on his own......the lower leagues are filled with clubs who couldn't pay their way.
Poor retired soldier here but I have to accept that if I want to watch Pirates I have to travel from Truro and pay my way.

'Mickey Mouse' competition? Tell that to the 23 lads who will play their hearts out for the team on Sunday. Really looking forward to this match.....as much as I did for the Falcons game.

MEP

"It isn't failure that diminishes your effort, you are diminished only by failing to make the effort"

chenoweth 30 November, 2019 08:43
northseapirate
Not for one minute is anyone asking to have free entry however I know of no other club that charges it supporters £15 for cup games in our league. Cheshire exile was correct we always use to have this included in our season ticket, that stopped and season ticket holders were allowed in for £10. We are now effectively paying £11.75 on line or if you drop into the clubhouse you can buy it for £10 cash during the week. Why! can I not pay that on the day then for the cup games. Why penalise supporters not in close proximity to the Mennaye, the gate and the clubhouse are only 20 yds apart why is it okay for one and not the other.
The cup as we all know is secondary to the league and some clubs have never bothered to much about it. Contrary to that we have always been in it to win it which is what we should do. Players put there bodies on the line even when training and that is all part of their vocation.

chenoweth 30 November, 2019 10:08
Morning all
Had me rant said what I wanted to and bought me tickets for tomorrow.
Come on Pirates.

cornishbob 30 November, 2019 11:18
Some are never satisfied, we haven't seen a price rise for years, get down there and support your team unless of course you're bitter and twisted. Don't come back with limited income either, I'm a pensioner like a lot of us.

bolingey pirate 01 December, 2019 10:55
I'm not going to get too involved with this argument, other than to say the club needs to look very hard at it's ticket/price policy for next season. I no longer have a season ticket, as I don't think it gives good value........and as for the situation involving buying on-line, (paying an admin fee of £1-75p in order to save £2) so as to pick-up the ticket at the gate, is crazy. Furthermore, tickets were once available locally in Warrens bakery shops, so that us more distant supporters could benefit. No one in their right mind is going to drive miles down to PZ to obtain tickets from the clubhouse. Yet again, I see the old "Penzance/Newlyn" attitude prevailing.

*Stalwart 01 December, 2019 11:19
Can't believe you're still banging on about "the old Penzance and Newlyn thing." Fact is the club is based in Penzance, so that's where the ticket office is. I do agree that having tickets for sale in other outlets was good. Don't know why that's not the case any more.
I agree, too, that there's not much to be gained financially by buying a season ticket. If you miss a couple of games there's no monetary benefit. We buy ours as a way to support Dicky and the club and don't see it as a way to save money. For me supporting the club is more than simply trying to watch games as cheaply as possible.

Pirate15 01 December, 2019 11:28
BP,
I disagree these are the prices for a season ticket which is also transferable if you can't make it to the game.
Truro & Penwith College Stand – £240, Microcomms Stand – £180, Terrace – £135
Advance tickets are £25, 18 and 13 and on the day they are 35, 23 and 15.
if you are a regular supporter it doesn't make sense to buy an advance ticket for every match against a season ticket.
I completely reject your comment regarding the 'old' Penzance and Newlyn attitude. Its unfair on the hard working staff at the club and where is the evidence to back up this accusation? The club has moved on from the early years when they first became the Cornish Pirates. Maybe its time some supporters did as well?

ascloseasthis 01 December, 2019 16:58
I have 2 season tickets, one for myself and one for my Dad. He passed away in July. I thought it was the right thing to do and I’m sure Dad would’ve agreed, don’t ask for a refund, keep supporting the club in a small way. I now sit in his seat. If I miss a match, that’s my problem, I don’t follow cup competitions, my choice, but if I did I would pay at the gate. Next season I will just have the one ticket, hopefully I can buy a couple of bricks in memory of Dad, and when the stadium is open he will be there in spirit.

Eastanglianpirate 01 December, 2019 17:27
Lovely sentiment for the memory of your Dad.
I think those moaning about ticket prices are moaning Minnie's "what can I moan about on a public forum now". The team selection for these cup matches mean that we take them seriously - not as 'mickey mouse fixtures - I don't believe that we are the most expensive - we certainly are much cheaper for league matches vs. for instance Ealing, London Scottish, Richmond, Irish and Bedford which are my most recent away matches.
Enough alright!

AggiePirate 01 December, 2019 18:54
Let's get this straight. This thread was started by Chenoweth enquiring about the price for a cup game. Told by Sue Reid it was £15, then Dotcom comes back and says no it's £10. Chenoweth says not according to Sue, so already we have 2 different prices from people 'connected' to the club.
Then Confused comes on and enquires about season tickets, which used to be included, and what are the A, B and C tickets? These are all perfectly reasonable enquiries, and as far as I can see nobody from the club has explained the ABC issue.
Supporters then question the value in purchasing a season ticket, again a valid point, and why the day tickets are no longer available from outlets around the County, as they used to be. Again this has not been explained.
Then it goes downhill with some unwelcome and unhelpful comments.
All caused initially, it seems to me, by conflicting and incomplete advise from the club. To paying customers, let us not forget.

Geoff DC 01 December, 2019 20:46
Just to put the record straight Aggie i'm in my 70s now & retired - I don't speak for the club or have any inside info

I just copied and pasted from the Ticket Kiosk which is advance purchases - storm in a Tea Cup maybe

cheshire exile 01 December, 2019 21:39
Asked the lady in the ticket booth at the Mennaye today what the A,B & C ticketa were for.
She didn't know.
This is a bit basic to be fair.

AggiePirate 01 December, 2019 22:10
Blimey Geoff I only thought you were about 50...

Quote:
Geoff DC
Just to put the record straight Aggie i'm in my 70s now & retired - I don't speak for the club or have any inside info
I just copied and pasted from the Ticket Kiosk which is advance purchases - storm in a Tea Cup maybe

Kenwyn. 02 December, 2019 14:26
All the prices are on the website including Cup games. ABC were put in a long time ago for offers for season ticket holders I think we only used it once but never for cup games .
I am approaching retirement age.

cheshire exile 02 December, 2019 15:41
So am I but no chance yet, the miracle of self employment. 😰

Kenwyn. 02 December, 2019 16:51
Nor me the beauty of divorce.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net