Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Mennaye
Discussion started by Zallehnep , 30 November, 2019 08:16
Mennaye
Zallehnep 30 November, 2019 08:16
The recent improvements at the Mennaye are very welcome but I can't help wondering why such a significant amount of money has been spent when the stadium is supposedly still on and the deal nearly done?

Re: Mennaye
cornishbob 30 November, 2019 11:20
Training and Ams probably, does it matter in reality. Jeez why are there so many doom monger supporters on here. Carry on believing - it will happen.

*Stalwart 30 November, 2019 11:38
It's brilliant that investment has been made at The Mennaye. It means that there is now an excellent playing surface and much improved changing facilities. This benefits the pro team, but also the Pirates Ams, Colts and Mini Junior sections. It's only right that the ground will be in a great condition when the pro team move to play in Truro, Penzance deserves a good rugby stadium. It seems that training and admin will still be at The Mennaye, and I wouldn't be surprised if some games (maybe some cup ties) might occasionally be played there.

Pirate15 30 November, 2019 13:29
I assume one of the improvements that you are referring too is the work done on the pitch. The short answer is that we had no choice. There was evidence that the previous drainage had failed and the possibility of future matches being cancelled particularly if we have a wet winter was increasing. There are penalties for canceling matches in the championship and in Cornwall we have no alternative ground.
Thanks to the generosity of Dickie Evans this situation has been avoided and the improved playing surface for the Cornish Pirates is fantastic and suits our style of play. The long term benefit will be for the Amateurs, Colts and Mini-Juniors of the club when the 1st team moves to the new stadium.

Zallehnep 01 December, 2019 19:49
Cornish bob I’m impressed by your ability to jump to the conclusion that I’m a doom monger. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was asking a genuine question. No more, no less.

cornishbob 05 December, 2019 15:14
I wasn't aware I named you at all Zallenep, please don't take it to heart no offence was meant to anyone. The remark was aimed for those that continually spread doom and gloom on here, fortunately they haven't expressed their views on this post - maybe it worked haha.

Geoff DC 05 December, 2019 20:40
Penhellaz

Is that you Rob (View from The Hill - As Close As This ) registering with a new name?

Google brings this up: Penhellaz Lodge

Directions: At the bottom of Penhellaz Hill, turn left into St John’s Road for roadside parking. Continue along St John’s Road for the public car park in Castle Green.

Opposite No. 9 is a steep narrow footpath to the Hall, signposted ‘Drippy Droppy’.

ascloseasthis 05 December, 2019 21:37
Quote:
Geoff DC
Penhellaz
Is that you Rob (View from The Hill - As Close As This ) registering with a new name?

Google brings this up: Penhellaz Lodge

Directions: At the bottom of Penhellaz Hill, turn left into St John’s Road for roadside parking. Continue along St John’s Road for the public car park in Castle Green.

Opposite No. 9 is a steep narrow footpath to the Hall, signposted ‘Drippy Droppy’.

Haha not me

Geoff DC 06 December, 2019 10:35
So welcome to the forum then Zallehnep

Zallehnep 07 December, 2019 08:47
Many thanks GeoffDC, despite the incorrect masonic connections.

bolingey pirate 07 December, 2019 10:28
Well, that's a new one.....we've had politics creeping into this web site from time to time, and now Freemasonry....what next ???

chenoweth 07 December, 2019 11:52
Builders never charged for the upgrades then. Is that what you meant by freemasons.

*Stalwart 08 December, 2019 17:07
This thread got a bit surreal - but to get it back on track...RGRE said in a Radio Cornwall interview today that land for the stadium is now finalised and it's all systems go. Plan is for it be ready for 2022. Meanwhile we will be applying for The Mennaye to be sanctioned as a temporary Premiership ground while the stadium is built. That means a lot more work and the ability to accommodate 10,000 fans.

Zallehnep 08 December, 2019 17:48
That’s fantastic news. Do we know the timescale for when the stadium will be ready

Geoff DC 08 December, 2019 19:33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net