Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Alex Day
Discussion started by Wino , 11 January, 2020 08:00
Alex Day
Wino 11 January, 2020 08:00
I see Alex Day is now dual registered with Bedford and played in the win at Scottish last evening. Looks like we may well see him back at the Mennaye in a couple of weeks.

Re: Alex Day
1spy 11 January, 2020 09:59
Saracens start to off load players to get within the salary pay cap. My guess is Day will be permanent at "Part Timers" Bedford.

*Stalwart 11 January, 2020 17:55
I'm afraid it's another case of a player being lured to a Premiership club (understandably) but ending up loaned out to another Championship team. Similar story to Tom Kessell who ended up at Coventry.

1spy 11 January, 2020 21:45
Stalwart
The grass always looks greener in the other field.

cornishbob 12 January, 2020 10:07
Isn't this what the salary cap is meant to prevent, wealthy teams poaching promising players to prevent them going to a less wealthy club in order to keep them at the top. Wendyball has similar problems with big clubs signing loads of players from lesser clubs and stifling what might be rewarding careers if these players are allowed to develop properly.

*Stalwart 12 January, 2020 10:53
Can't blame the players for wanting to give it a go in the top flight, and earn good money for a few years. It works out for some, like Darren Barry, Wardy and Blair. It's frustrating, though, when these boys end up out on loan to another Championship club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net