Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Shovel Ready Scheme
Discussion started by 1spy , 04 August, 2020 13:24
Shovel Ready Scheme
1spy 04 August, 2020 13:24
Hall4Cornwall gets awarded 1.5 million from Government to speed up build. Report online Cornwalllive.

Re: Shovel Ready Scheme
*Stalwart 04 August, 2020 16:27
Nothing for the stadium. Sad.

cornishbob 04 August, 2020 16:34
My guess is that the S4C is a separate issue altogether and this might be a good thing.

wigston pirate 04 August, 2020 19:12
Always believed the Government was going to put a couple of million in. Think fellows name was David Cameron who mentioned this or, is this another fib ie ex amount of money towards the NHS on the side of a coach by some politician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to mention politics on the site but I believe politicians have stated things and not keeping to them.

(Sm109)

Kenwyn. 05 August, 2020 10:00
Disappointing but this could be irrelevant, keep the faith

Pirate15 05 August, 2020 13:17
Looking at the fine detail my understanding is that this money is intended for schemes already under construction that have been halted due to the COVID 19. The idea is that the money will get the schemes back on track as part of the government 'bounce back' to help the economy. The stadium would not qualify for any money under this scheme.

1spy 05 August, 2020 14:38
Pirate 15 i am not sure the Hanger to house Richard Bransons Virgin Spacecraft which was allocated 1 million pounds is under construction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2020 14:39 by 1spy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net