02 September, 2019 12:59

allthegear
allthegear
02 September, 2019 15:51
And Dan Faleafa

CharlieBravo
Cliff Bennett
03 September, 2019 09:52
Interesting that the club’s website article doesn’t even mention Dan Faleafa. Would it be reasonable to ask “why”?

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
03 September, 2019 14:54
Not being a Cov asset I guess.
Last I heard he was due to move to the US and play Major League rugby there. No idea if that's still the case.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
20 September, 2019 09:21
DH Starts at full back v England

Faleafa is in the replacements

Wrenmore
Leo
20 September, 2019 11:15
What a season ahead. Wall to wall rugby post wall to wall cricket ! I have surely died and arrived in a pure land of sport.

Have a great season all. Enjoy

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
20 September, 2019 14:40
Dan F listed as playing for Austin (presume Texas) on Wikipedia

Diesel74
Diesel74
20 September, 2019 15:34
Quote:
Cliff Bennett
Interesting that the club’s website article doesn’t even mention Dan Faleafa. Would it be reasonable to ask “why”?

Very reasonable, Cliff. Would have been worth a mention in my book.

In what seems a different lifetime now, I'd have received a dreadful rollicking if I hadn't included him in any piece on Cov players in the 2019 World Cup.

Mark

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
20 September, 2019 16:24
Does seem strange given that he only left us over the summer?

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
20 September, 2019 16:26
Hoping for a 60-20 ish England win with a big Dave hat trick

CharlieBravo
Cliff Bennett
20 September, 2019 16:41
That was my point that, if like David H, Dan is “only” away on test/World Cup duty and will return subsequently to Cov, shouldn’t he be worth a mention? Perhaps it’s up to the club to clarify?
Cue Chris Wearmouth......................

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
20 September, 2019 17:53
Quote:
Cliff Bennett
That was my point that, if like David H, Dan is “only” away on test/World Cup duty and will return subsequently to Cov, shouldn’t he be worth a mention? Perhaps it’s up to the club to clarify?

I thought Dan F had left?

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
20 September, 2019 19:54
Quote:
CovBlueLou
Quote:
Cliff Bennett

I thought Dan F had left?

That's what I heard... ages ago. Somewhere.

Coventrian Man
Coventrian Man
20 September, 2019 20:37
Dan has definitely left

CharlieBravo
Cliff Bennett
21 September, 2019 08:11
Okay sorry, I hadn’t caught up with that. Or perhaps I’d forgotten.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
21 September, 2019 09:46
It was announced here Cliff:
[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]
As I thought, when re-reading it, RW does mention the possibility (potential, he calls it) of his returning post-WC, but maybe that's now ruled out by his US contract
We'll see.

CharlieBravo
Cliff Bennett
21 September, 2019 10:07
Quote:
AdminBTCov
It was announced here Cliff:
[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]
As I thought, when re-reading it, RW does mention the possibility (potential, he calls it) of his returning post-WC, but maybe that's now ruled out by his US contract
We'll see.

Thanks very much. I had obviously forgotten (a growing and persistent issue in my old age).

CharlieBravo
Cliff Bennett
22 September, 2019 11:53
Watching the England v Tonga game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen David H wear a scrum cap before.

HoboAl
HoboAl
22 September, 2019 12:14
Im sure he has worn one at the BPA

Wrenmore
Leo
22 September, 2019 13:44
The boy (s??) did the Blue'n Whites proud. Nice to have Coventry mentioned twice at a world cup.
Twice more than Gloucester as I pointed out to my Cherry & White family members

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net