Latest news:

Under 18's Nottingham
Discussion started by HoboAl (IP Logged), 04 September, 2019 09:43
HoboAl
HoboAl
04 September, 2019 09:43
So I learn on twitter that the under 18's beat Nottingham last night, which I am really pleased about.

Is it just me or did anyone else miss the publicity this match was taking place? I thought the club said there would be more media coverage of the u18's and Development fixtures this year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 15:00 by HoboAl.

Camouflage
Camouflage
04 September, 2019 13:46
I would have gone to watch this If it was publicised. Having watched the pace and enthusiasm of youth, I feel they deserve our support. Such a shame that I missed it.

Alinta
Alinta
04 September, 2019 14:02
Quote:
Camouflage
I would have gone to watch this If it was publicised. Having watched the pace and enthusiasm of youth, I feel they deserve our support. Such a shame that I missed it.

Unfortunately there was a miscommunication issue which the Supporters' Club took up with Coventry Rugby. The issue has subsequently been resolved and moving forwards all u18's games will now be actively promoted & publicised. The match report can be found by clicking on the link below. Hopefully within the next few weeks the Supporters' Club will be formally presenting the 2019/20 playing kit to the u18's.

[crsc1874.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 14:06 by Alinta.

HoboAl
HoboAl
05 September, 2019 09:55
For me the formation of the U18's and Development team are as exciting as the progress made by the first XV, the new pitch or the stadium development plans.

Giving Coventry and Warwickshire kids a potential pathway into the Coventry team is key to the clubs future sustainability. I also believe it can help draw in new supporters and importantly young supporters.

It is fantastic CRSC are sponsoring the U18's this year. I wish all the youngsters good luck for the coming season and look forward to watching you play and develop and I am sure many Coventry supporters will feel the same.

covkid53
covkid53
07 September, 2019 16:03
Quote:
HoboAl
For me the formation of the U18's and Development team are as exciting as the progress made by the first XV, the new pitch or the stadium development plans.
Giving Coventry and Warwickshire kids a potential pathway into the Coventry team is key to the clubs future sustainability. I also believe it can help draw in new supporters and importantly young supporters.

It is fantastic CRSC are sponsoring the U18's this year. I wish all the youngsters good luck for the coming season and look forward to watching you play and develop and I am sure many Coventry supporters will feel the same.

I agree to some extent, but Henley college / Cov rugby were the origin of the u18. Disappointing that Wasps came along and cut those very successful college ties. No doubt it was RFU rules that kicked in when wasps pulled out of their southern academy base. The new Cov u18s wil be a great addition to the age group in the city, doubling the opportunity for local talent. I believe Coventry u18s also provide college opportunities for the players.

HoboAl
HoboAl
07 September, 2019 21:06
Yes they do.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw
08 September, 2019 20:11
Are Cov taping into both Coventry and Warwick universities for players as well as schools

HoboAl
HoboAl
08 September, 2019 20:27
Quote:
Mick J Shaw
Are Cov taping into both Coventry and Warwick universities for players as well as schools

I dont know? Tbey are a source, but so are Kenilwofth, Barkers..and a hoste of schools.

But there is talent out there without a doubt.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw
09 September, 2019 10:55
Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
Mick J Shaw

I dont know? Tbey are a source, but so are Kenilwofth, Barkers..and a hoste of schools.

But there is talent out there without a doubt.
I was talking to a couple of teachers from Warwick school and they are really not happy with Wasps,lack of communication, lack of coaching and poor attitude
Might be worth a visit or phone call from Cov. Warwick seem to produce good players

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net