Latest news:

American Football at BPA
Discussion started by BackTenRef? (IP Logged), 18 September, 2019 11:33
BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
18 September, 2019 11:33
29th September the BPA is playing host to the Universities All Star game.

University American football in the UK is a huge sport nowadays and this is is as close to a GB trial game as there is.

14:45 ok. £5 on the gate £3 concessions

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
18 September, 2019 12:03
Not interested in the game, but pleased we're already attracting more use at the ground.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
18 September, 2019 12:34
Itís odd, but long before Cov moved back to the BPA I remember seeing a pretty poor standard American football match played there.
This looks s rather higher level student game.
As itís the day after the home Bedford and Army games, and I shall therefore be in Coventry, I might well come down and watch it. Possibly even take some photos for the record.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
18 September, 2019 13:33
Didn't Cov Jets play at the BPA for a while in the early days? (Or was it just Roger Casements Gaelic footy)?.
I seem to recall KF bringing in Kabbadi for a while too, or was that pre BPA?

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
18 September, 2019 17:28
Yup jets played at BPA and there have been GB students games played there before too. The latter attracted a couple of thousand. Iím dropping hints with my contacts that it would be a good location for all the national finals ( 4 days worth

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
19 September, 2019 09:44
Currently listening to last nights rugby show, mention of a Coventry v Newcastle triple header being planned in March, Gaelic Football & Rugby League & Union in one afternoon!
Sounds good.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
19 September, 2019 11:01
Does sound good. Love a bit of Gaelic footy (far superior to the Aussie borefest stuff winking smiley ).

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
20 September, 2019 09:03
Aussie rules and Gaelic football are almost the same game....

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
20 September, 2019 19:56
Quote:
BackTenRef?
Aussie rules and Gaelic football are almost the same game....
I've always found Aussie much more stop-start compared to Gaelic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net